Men! Don't you love it when you get all emotional and just want a hug and be told "Everything will be alright.", but he just looks at you and goes: "Why are you upset?"

Yeah right! When my throat feels all dry and achy, tears are running down my face and I'm just a mess ... I'm going to analyze and explain my thoughts to you? I don't think so! Told him a couple of times: I CAN'T TALK WHILE CRYING! (Can you?) After I'm done I have plenty of time to think rationally again. Uhg!

BeachMom81

Asked by BeachMom81 at 5:03 PM on Jan. 7, 2011 in Relationships

• yeah i feel you sweetie i have that happen to me alot of times but dont worry mama just hang in there
    Ricanmami1

Answer by Ricanmami1 at 5:06 PM on Jan. 7, 2011

• I think that is why there are more lesbians than ever lol!~
    maxsmom11807

Answer by maxsmom11807 at 5:05 PM on Jan. 7, 2011

• hugsMine doesn't even ask why I'm upset, he hopes that it will just go away. I love him dearly but he sucks in the comforting department.

sue118

Answer by sue118 at 5:16 PM on Jan. 7, 2011

• blowing kissesYES!  They just don't understand when all we want are some comforting words! 

m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 5:05 PM on Jan. 7, 2011

• It's part of the left brain/ right brain thing. They really can't help themselves--they're just not wired like a woman--literally.
    NannyB.

Answer by NannyB. at 5:05 PM on Jan. 7, 2011

• hold on and just relax. Men can be thoughtless and say we overthink everything but meanwhile they are no joke themselves being so hearless at times....
    mamacita69930

Answer by mamacita69930 at 5:13 PM on Jan. 7, 2011

• It must be their way to comfort us.
    tdbaas

Answer by tdbaas at 5:22 PM on Jan. 7, 2011

• Men are fixers. If there is something you are upset about, they want to know what to do to fix it. They need action. If you can't direct them what to do, they are at a complete loss. Personally, I'm glad we're wired differently. Can you imagine if they were like women? ACK! LOL
    JawgaMom1

Answer by JawgaMom1 at 5:30 PM on Jan. 7, 2011

• Yes! I hate it especially when it's my husband who gets me upset and then even though I'm mad at him I need a hug and to feel like when its all done everything will be ok and he doesn't understand why I'm so upset. It's like when I want to be left alone he won't go away and when I need him to hold me he thinks he should give me some space to cool off!
    anon1986East

Answer by anon1986East at 5:55 PM on Jan. 7, 2011

• I recently read "The Male Brain" and it is so true that men are just like that. They can't help it, really. I am learning that when I get like that I go do something I enjoy and distract myself.
    bjane01

Answer by bjane01 at 7:40 PM on Jan. 7, 2011