Are you friends with anyone that most of the time you wonder why you are friends with them?

I have one friend and almost every conversation I have with her I think to myself afterward "when will she grow up?" She acts like a highschool girl....she annoys me alot yet I have been friends with her a long time and we live close to each other so it would be hard to just stop being her friend or having contact with her.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:10 PM on Jan. 7, 2011 in Relationships

• Yep my sons best friends mom... true she has had roughl luck but is truely the most negitive person i know!
    rebeccadac

Answer by rebeccadac at 5:12 PM on Jan. 7, 2011

• I had friends like that n I realized I didn't need them in my life. We talk once in a great while, but not like before.
    Vero0724

Answer by Vero0724 at 5:12 PM on Jan. 7, 2011

• Yeah I used to , then we moved a couple hours away and it took the burden of listening to her . She doesn't have internet either so no annoying emails, etc,lol.....
    MrsLeftlane

Answer by MrsLeftlane at 5:12 PM on Jan. 7, 2011

• Yes, eventually you may find yourself distancing away from her. Sometimes we stay in relationships regardless of their toxicity.
    jeanclaudia

Answer by jeanclaudia at 5:13 PM on Jan. 7, 2011

• I have one of those too. Luckily she is an hour away and can only call lol. If I were you Id just keep busy. Or at least let her think that!
    Steph319

Answer by Steph319 at 5:15 PM on Jan. 7, 2011

• I have a friend I went to college with (20 years ago) and whenever I see her, I wonder why we're still friends. We have NOTHING in common except hanging out with the same cafeteria crowd 20 years ago.
    SWasson

Answer by SWasson at 5:23 PM on Jan. 7, 2011

• yep...one of them is my own sister, she is a bad influence on her children, my children too. Tried to destroy my marriage, never gives, always uses people, deleted me off of facebook and after all that, she pretends everything is ok. She is my sister, what am i suppose to do about it?

another friend i used to be neighbors with,i am hard of hearing and her english isnt clear, everytime she'd call me, and i would ask her if she could say it again, she'd hang up on me, she couldnt remember doing something from yesterday to the next day, she smoked weed, let her daughter smoke it, been in jail for apparently hitting one of her kids, i dont know, yet i forgive it all and look beyond and now that i had moved a town away, i contact her maybe twice a year just to say hi.
    americansugar80

Answer by americansugar80 at 5:25 PM on Jan. 7, 2011

• Yes and no. I've been friends with her for 14 years, I've always been a great friend but there's been times that she's lied to me, betrayed my trust, she can be flakey and self absorbed. I have issues with her lack of discipline to her kids but I'm in no position to tell her she needs to change the way she raises her kids but at times that I've really needed someone she's always been there.
    anon1986East

Answer by anon1986East at 5:50 PM on Jan. 7, 2011

• Yea she is a sweetheart but she is so immature for a 33 year old . I want to find way to tell her that she is too nice to some people and that do take advantage but then I hate to hurt her feelings.
    karing4elmas

Answer by karing4elmas at 6:34 PM on Jan. 7, 2011