my weight....ugh.

in 5 months ive gained 45lbs......wtfffff?!
i found out back in november i have polycystic ovary syndrome and my gyno said my weight gain is because of that...and he also told me itll be hard to get the weight off....
my question is...how the F do i get it off?!!?!
and let me just say, i dont eat unhealthy...we are very healthy eaters, and i dont eat late at night....we also go for nightly 2 hour walks....and of course my everyday work out is chasing after my 2.5 yo DS.....lol..

anyone have any ideas?

JT32606

Asked by JT32606 at 5:19 PM on Jan. 7, 2011 in Diet & Fitness

• There could be a medical issue going on. Have your thyroid checked. Also, are you taking any hormones? That is what's going on with me. I joined weight watchers this week though, so hopefully it will get better. I need to lose 15 lbs and soon!!
    m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 5:20 PM on Jan. 7, 2011

• What do you eat? Post some meals. Walking is not much exercise and neither is chasing a child.
    mmmegan38

Answer by mmmegan38 at 5:20 PM on Jan. 7, 2011

• relax. i gained 55 lbs while pregnant and idk how!!! i ate healthy, did hard aggressive exercise every single day. it really was all belly but the weight fell right off afterward. relax. it will come of
    momofone725

Answer by momofone725 at 5:22 PM on Jan. 7, 2011

• i cant do much else, i have a very bad back, and lifting weight or doing anything that will strain my back....will throw out my back.
    smh.....im only 25.
    i eat salads, most of the time with no dressing and if i do, its low fat dressing.
    i dont add salt to any food, and try to take in low sodium as it is.
    i eat fruits and veggies.
    pretty much i eat what i should when it comes to the 5 food groups. i rarely indulge in sweet/junk food.
    ive NEVER been overweight...ive always been about 105-120lbs.....ive never been less or over.
    now all ofa sudden this PCOS is causing me to feel like a fat cow.
    JT32606

Comment by JT32606 (original poster) at 5:23 PM on Jan. 7, 2011

• What your stupid gyno didn't tell you is that you have an advantage over lots and lots of women: you build muscle much faster and more easily than most women, making it possible for you to dramatically increase your metabolic rate. Start powerlifting or bodybuilding. It will make a lot of difference, very quickly.
    LindaClement

Answer by LindaClement at 5:24 PM on Jan. 7, 2011

• momofone725..im not pregnant. i have PCOS.....gained massive weight. hell, i only gained 17lbs when i was pregnant....it was all belly too... this is just too much for me.....
    JT32606

Comment by JT32606 (original poster) at 5:24 PM on Jan. 7, 2011

• Walking is great exercise...I have lost 50 lbs doing so...I would also suggest drinking lots of water and maybe some different exercise programs along with the walking!! Good luck!

TJones32

Answer by TJones32 at 5:25 PM on Jan. 7, 2011

• Walking is FANTASTIC excerise. Look in ANY health and fitness magazine there will be an article in EVERY one.

Can you take up swimming? Its low impact, but works all the muscles of the body and might even help with your back problems. Yoga would be another good one to give a try. I have worked up a sweat and gotten the sore muscles from a good yoga work out, so don't think it will never happen! lol

rosesNclovers

Answer by rosesNclovers at 5:33 PM on Jan. 7, 2011

• lol!!! rosesNclovers..i actually do yoga...but its more meditation style. i cant do much with my back being a testy snot.....so, i have to be careful.
    this is really tough for me....i keep tryin to put my size 0 pants on only to wind up crying because they dont fit. im at a LOSS!!!
    swimming seems like a good idea, but it would have to wait until the summer so i can use the ocean....more of a work out ......
    and come to think of it, i really cant even think of a place around here that has a pool....hmmmm
    JT32606

Comment by JT32606 (original poster) at 5:44 PM on Jan. 7, 2011

• Sorry I have no advice. You should probably talk to a doctor about it.
    cleanaturalady

Answer by cleanaturalady at 10:38 PM on Jan. 7, 2011