In your currant relationship; Who's more positive thinking? You or SO?

Definitely my husband. I wouldn't know what to do without him. I tend to have a bit darker outlook on life.

BeachMom81

Asked by BeachMom81 at 5:20 PM on Jan. 7, 2011 in Relationships

• SO is too optimistic. Sometimes I think he ignores reality but it balances us out!
    Vero0724

Answer by Vero0724 at 5:23 PM on Jan. 7, 2011

• definitely me. my husband can be such a debby downer at times. he's lucky to have me around and show him the bright side of everything! lol
    tnm786

Answer by tnm786 at 5:21 PM on Jan. 7, 2011

• Hubby!
    TJones32

Answer by TJones32 at 5:21 PM on Jan. 7, 2011

• Yeah my husband too. But I am sick of the "I will try" because him trying is like me saying I will grow a beard. While some women can I can't... lol
    mmmegan38

Answer by mmmegan38 at 5:21 PM on Jan. 7, 2011

• My husband, definitely. He's optimistic to a fault. It's hard to get him to help me deal with difficult situations sometimes. lol
    JessiFaye

Answer by JessiFaye at 5:21 PM on Jan. 7, 2011

• My dh is a total pessimist. I've spent a fair amount of time over the past 25 years pointing out that he is often coming to conclusions with absolutely no information.

He often says 'he probably doesn't want to' which I point out is not only insufferably rude, but is dictatorial: it is not dh's right or responsibility to decide for others what they do or do not want to do, and he is restricting their freedom every single time he chooses for them.

When our youngest dd went to Britain by herself (at 17) he spent the whole 17 days in a panic filled dread... which means he wasted 17 days of his life that he's not going to get back, worrying about horrible things that never happened to anyone, certainly not to him.
    LindaClement

Answer by LindaClement at 5:22 PM on Jan. 7, 2011

• Me I always tell my husband he isn't the glass is half full or half empty...... Its just empty to him
    Charis76

Answer by Charis76 at 5:23 PM on Jan. 7, 2011

• Well years ago it was my S/O, but for some reason I think the roles have chgd some and I seem to be now. Maybe bec of my grief therapy (which he didn't need,) I learned how to deal with things differently. I also heard once that men and women chg in their roles disposition wise as they get older, if true then we're right on schedule.
    MyAngel003

Answer by MyAngel003 at 5:24 PM on Jan. 7, 2011

• I am. Since having our son, my husband has been REALLY working on it and I would say 80% better in that area.
    maxsmom11807

Answer by maxsmom11807 at 5:26 PM on Jan. 7, 2011

• My husband for sure he's always telling me to lighten up and look on the bright side
    Moms_Angels1960

Answer by Moms_Angels1960 at 5:31 PM on Jan. 7, 2011