• In the Spotlight:

processing time for a food stamp application?

I filled out my public assistance application around the 13-17th of october. I got a phone interview somewhere between the 28-30 of October. I had to submit my documents to the DCF by November 10th. I hear a lot of people talking about that it takes about 30 days to process the application. Is that 30 days from when I originally filled out the application, or 30 days from when I had the interview, or 30 days from when my "materials" had to be submitted by. Not once did I have to go into the office. Any releases or forms she mailed to me (because I have no car and am in the opposite end of the county where the office is located) I did get an original immunization form from my son's doc. (had bro-in-law pick it up) and made copies of birth certs. and ids. and ss cards. I mailed the envelope November 5th, making sure it would be there by the 7th (the friday before) Now I am curious about the 30 days.

complextrina

Asked by complextrina at 9:41 PM on Nov. 11, 2008 in Money & Work

• 30 days from when you applied and they will back date your food stamps if approved

Anonymous

• it took my sister 3 months
    Pooky_mommy

Answer by Pooky_mommy at 9:44 PM on Nov. 11, 2008