What do you do for a headache?

I have taken 2 ibuprofen, 2 tylenol and a tramadol. (Ultram) I have a massive headache. It isn't the worst I have had and it isn't a migraine. I am prone to those as well. Any suggestions on how to treat it?

SusieD250

Asked by SusieD250 at 9:47 PM on Nov. 11, 2008 in Health

• hot bath, cup of chamomil tea. works for me. even when they are really bad. try to relax your muscles, especially the ones in your neck and shoulders.
    bubblebean

Answer by bubblebean at 9:53 PM on Nov. 11, 2008

• When all else fails, I rub vicks lotion or vaporub into my temples and where the headache is. It makes a smell and a mess in your hair, but the heat from it makes the headache feel SO much better!! I get migraines ALL the time and most of them last 3-4 days.
    Babylove76

Answer by Babylove76 at 9:53 PM on Nov. 11, 2008

• I take Excedrin. It works for all headaches. Its the only thing that works for me...Or I will sit there for days with the same headache!
    MaiasMommy619

Answer by MaiasMommy619 at 10:28 PM on Nov. 11, 2008

• I've already taken ibuprofen and tylenol. I can't take excedrin as well. But thanks all. I think I will just have to ride it out.
    SusieD250

Answer by SusieD250 at 10:29 PM on Nov. 11, 2008

• DONT take Ibuprofin and acetomaphine together!!! You trying to give yourself liver damage? Try staying well hydrated with plenty of water, do stress relieving massages to your temples and head and possibly see a Dr who can do tests and a cat scan to see why you get the headaches and why they dont go away.
    vbruno

Answer by vbruno at 10:30 PM on Nov. 11, 2008

• ibuprofin and acetomaphine works in the body differently. they are ok to take at the same time. after my c-section i was given 800mg of ibuprofin and percacets which are acetomaphine. one works thru the liver, the other the kidneys. when i get a headache i usually try drinking a soda first. the caffiene will usually help it go away, especially if haven't had any that day. i usually try to eat something then as well. if that doesn't help it i'll take two advils that are the softgels, the kind with the liquid in the middle. they get into the system much faster than the others and work best for me.
    Tarable525

Answer by Tarable525 at 12:17 AM on Nov. 12, 2008

• Probably a tension headache try using EXCEDRINE TENSION HEADACHE,
    BUSYMAMA5

Answer by BUSYMAMA5 at 12:30 AM on Nov. 12, 2008

• even if u dont smoke a menthol ciggarette wil immediatly get rid of a headchache it worked really well when i got in a car accident once.
    Cherish050307

Answer by Cherish050307 at 12:38 AM on Nov. 12, 2008

• I am an ex smoker. 3years. No cigs for me thanks. I took another Tramadol and a Flexeril. It is better, but I think either I am getting sick or my neck is out. Hubby woke up not feeling well also. He has a headache too. Thanks ladies. I am going to go to bed (early for me!)
    SusieD250

Answer by SusieD250 at 1:22 AM on Nov. 12, 2008

• I have chronic tension headaches. I have a headache that is unresponsive to any OTC medication at least 5 days a week. This has been ongoing for about 2 years. I had an MRI last week which was clean. They gave me lexapro and buspar for my anxiety, which causes tension and in turn makes my headaches worse. Then for the headache itself I have a prescription for Esgic Plus (butalbital, acetemenophen, caffine) and it is the most WONDERFUL medication ever. It knocks my headache out in 10 minutes, no joke. I could take aleve, tylenol, excedrin all day and it would do nothing. This stuff is a miracle to me. It's also sold under the brand name Fiorcet. Same rx, differnt name.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:50 AM on Nov. 12, 2008