First time Father question

Hi I'm Kristi's husband and we found out we are to be parents on Christmas Day. Kristi took home pregnency tests and they all came back positive. My question is about her first medical check up to make sure 100% that she is pregnant. What is the check up all going to check on? And is it too early to ask them to scan her belly? I am, I believe, a little too overly excited about the whole thing.

princessfae

Asked by princessfae at 5:26 PM on Jan. 7, 2011 in Pregnancy

• they will give the woman a pelvic exam and tell her to take prenatal vitamins. they will take blood and weigh her and make the next appointment =D

***** CONGRATS ******
    mistik75

Answer by mistik75 at 5:28 PM on Jan. 7, 2011

• Oooh. Ur gonna get deleted. But before u do, they can do an ultrasound at her checkup to see the baby's heartbeat. Good luck
    Vero0724

Answer by Vero0724 at 5:28 PM on Jan. 7, 2011

• Awh.. thats adorable.. I agree with Mistik
    maxsmom11807

Answer by maxsmom11807 at 5:30 PM on Jan. 7, 2011

• At my first check up they did an ultrasound i was 8 weeks.
    L0vingMy3Girls

Answer by L0vingMy3Girls at 5:36 PM on Jan. 7, 2011

• read this book. its great help hubby feel like he was part of the whole thing.

http://search.barnesandnoble.com/The-Expectant-Father/Armin-A-Brott/e/9780789210777/?itm=1&USRI=expectant+father+books
    knagsmom

Answer by knagsmom at 5:41 PM on Jan. 7, 2011

• I am have read one book already:
    The New Dad's Survival Guide (Scott Mactavish), and I am currently reading The Everything Father-To-Be Book (Kevin Nelson). Thanks though for the book suggestion. I have a Barnes and Noble Nook and maybe its available to purchase on that.
    princessfae

Comment by princessfae (original poster) at 6:50 PM on Jan. 7, 2011