processing time for fs app?

I filled out my public assistance application around the 13-17th of october. I got a phone interview somewhere between the 28-30 of October. I had to submit my documents to the DCF by November 10th. I hear a lot of people talking about that it takes about 30 days to process the application. Is that 30 days from when I originally filled out the application, or 30 days from when I had the interview, or 30 days from when my "materials" had to be submitted by. Not once did I have to go into the office. Any releases or forms she mailed to me (because I have no car and am in the opposite end of the county where the office is located) I did get an original immunization form from my son's doc. (had bro-in-law pick it up) and made copies of birth certs. and ids. and ss cards. I mailed the envelope November 5th, making sure it would be there by the 7th (the friday before) Now I am curious about the 30 days.

complextrina

Asked by complextrina at 9:48 PM on Nov. 11, 2008 in Money & Work

• I think it's 30 days from the time you apply and do an interview. I can't remember. But if it's an emergency and you are out of food and money, at least in NY, you are supposed to get fs benefits within 5 days.
    Anonymous

• *bump* Its been more than 30 days from when I applied, and 30 from my interview will be about the end of the month...still waiting.
    complextrina

Answer by complextrina at 10:23 PM on Nov. 13, 2008