if your pregnant and have no health insurance, would u have baby at home and never go to doctor

to save on money expenses ?

mistik75

Asked by mistik75 at 5:31 PM on Jan. 7, 2011 in Pregnancy

• In Tn if you are preg and dont have ins. you can get medicaid it covers everything
    L0vingMy3Girls

Answer by L0vingMy3Girls at 5:34 PM on Jan. 7, 2011

• Nope. I would make payments to the doctors office and hospital. Or I would go see if I qualified for Medicaid.

I would NOT endanger my baby by not receiving prenatal care.
    SleepingBeautee

Answer by SleepingBeautee at 5:34 PM on Jan. 7, 2011

• No, I might use a midwife instead of do a hospital birth though, if I was low risk.
    Liz132

Answer by Liz132 at 5:34 PM on Jan. 7, 2011

• um No that would be a crazy way to try to save money.
    Charis76

Answer by Charis76 at 5:35 PM on Jan. 7, 2011

• WELL this is hard to answer because IF i didnt have insurance i would proabably skip out on all the checkups but as soon as i am ready to have the baby, i think an ambulance would be called regardless and you would have to spend a couple days in the hospital that you would normally do. You would just be extra for the ambulance to come get you and the baby so i would definetly make sure when i'm ready to have the baby, then to run to the hospital myself.
    americansugar80

Answer by americansugar80 at 5:36 PM on Jan. 7, 2011

• I had insurance but stayed home and did my own prenatal care as a matter of preference.
    NinjaMomma

Answer by NinjaMomma at 5:38 PM on Jan. 7, 2011

• Tencare (TN) or medicare or whatever. find the cheapest medicare insurance possible most plaes its free if you cant apy anything. i hade medicare with my DD in SC and didnt pay a dime for my prenatal care / hospital stay etc etc and she was a high risk pergnancy. constant drs apts and speciality drs visit etc etc plus 7+days int he hospital afterwards. ive learend after having 3 high risk pregnancys you need to get seen and taken care of you NEVER know what can happen
    sandraberke

Answer by sandraberke at 5:49 PM on Jan. 7, 2011

• NO I would find a way to cover the expenses and not avoid medical care . Life today is worth the effort of ensuring an healthy baby.
    karing4elmas

Answer by karing4elmas at 6:10 PM on Jan. 7, 2011

• No i would be much too scared.
    TamlynM2B

Answer by TamlynM2B at 7:32 PM on Jan. 7, 2011

• Why No Insurance? I know that medicaid pays for maternity care 100%.
    Now, there are situations when a women can safely choose to have an Unassisted Pregnancy and Unassisted Childbirth but most women actually choosing this route do so after lots of reading and self-education. They know a LOT about pregnancy and birth. They also do pee tests, fundal height measurements, weight checks, and listen to the heartbeat themselves. It's really not that hard to do but you should be knowledgeable and trust your body. Same goes for birth.

Not all women that give birth without the assistance of a care provider are foolish.
    Roadfamily6now

Answer by Roadfamily6now at 8:19 PM on Jan. 7, 2011