Runaway Bride

I have been dating So for almost three years and we have been engaged for a year and a half. We were suppose to Get married last summer but I called off the wedding. We contined to work on our relationship and I ended up regretting that I canceled the wedding. Our new wedding date is this spring. Everthing is booked, wedding dress is hanging in my closet. I'm freaking out, am I making the right choice? Should I run or do I just have a fear of commmitment. We both have children from previous relationships and the strain of being a step couple is tireing but that is not the main issue. My Fiance is a good man... for the most part. He has ALL the traits I ever wished for but ONE BIG PROBLEM. He always has a chip on his shoulder. I find myself apologizing for him constintly because he does not relize how rude he comes off. He yells all the time. I hate that he doesn't seem to have any patience for anyone. He is very sensitive and behaves as if everyone is against him. He also has no censor button and just blurts out inappropriate things. He will never change. he knows these are major problems in his life but can not stop. He has even gone through anger managment several times. On the upside he is faithful, generous, loving, affecionate, family oriented and fun. I love him and his children so much but I don't know what to do.

What do you think? Do I just have a fear or commitment or should I be running for the hills?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:33 PM on Jan. 7, 2011 in Relationships

• Maybe you are getting cold feet because of what happened on your prior relationship? If he you know how he is and he is not going to change anytime soon then you have to ask yourself how do you want your life to be, do you want him to be there even with all the defects he has but with all the good also ? or would you rather to be by yourself? its your life no one here knows exactly how is he how good is he for you and no one is going to live with him just you.
    gou18

Answer by gou18 at 5:52 PM on Jan. 7, 2011

• No. I think you are very wise to do some reconsidering Anon. Marriage is supposed to be a commitment. I think if you have to ask yourself all those questions, you need to do some reconsidering.
    m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 5:40 PM on Jan. 7, 2011