UGH this is driving me CrAzY NEED toddler help and advice!

my first toddler was NEVER like this :
my son whos 2 wont eat meat! hell eat chicken nuggets but not grilled chicken. even when i cut it up SUPER small and put it in his rice and mixed it up he stil spit out 50 % of the chicken..im not sure if its a texture thing or what! but its driving me insane- wont eat hotdogs, WILL eat lunchables (turkey)SOMETIMES, will eat chicken nuggets (baked not fried) wont eat pot roast, sausage, turkey breast, pork chops...sigh...

sandraberke

Asked by sandraberke at 5:41 PM on Jan. 7, 2011 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Just keep offering it, eventually he will try it. My son is incredibly picky, it takes forever for me to get him to try things, but he usually ends up liking it. Don't give up, and don't get discouraged! As long as you're giving him the opportunity, you're doing the right thing.
    foxy420_1

Answer by foxy420_1 at 6:00 PM on Jan. 7, 2011

• My now 4 yr old was like that. No idea why. He is just starting to get better about trying and eating new foods.
    treynlisa

Answer by treynlisa at 5:44 PM on Jan. 7, 2011

• my now 3 yr old was very picky he would chew the food for about 2 secs and spit it out. so the foods he would eat id have to puree veggies into it or make smooties for him
    knagsmom

Answer by knagsmom at 5:46 PM on Jan. 7, 2011

• Just keep offering it will get better. Don't just feed him what he will eat because then it will turn into even a bigger problem. If you are worried about protein if he will eat eggs and peanutbutter start giving those as well. But I wouldn't get to the point where your cooking another dinner for him.
    Charis76

Answer by Charis76 at 5:47 PM on Jan. 7, 2011

• ugh hes allergic to pnut butter eggs dairy and tomatoes!! what if i just pureed the meat and added it to other things like his rice n stuffs? is it ok to give a 2 year old vitamins?
    sandraberke

Comment by sandraberke (original poster) at 5:50 PM on Jan. 7, 2011

• If you can hide it and he will eat it go for it! Is he drinking soy milk then? That has a decent amount of protein as well!
    Charis76

Answer by Charis76 at 6:08 PM on Jan. 7, 2011

• my son wont eat meat or vegetables and only a few fruits. we have been trying to get him to eat different things for almost 2 years. he is in therapy now and they are working with him too.
    bouncingsoul

Answer by bouncingsoul at 7:36 PM on Jan. 7, 2011

• Keep offering it..my dd's pedi gave me a reason..it's kind of like a texture thing, bc they don't want to sit and actually chew the chicken that they'll chew it and spit it out..but that was when I brought it up at a 18 month checkup (I think)..but that being said, it's probably a texture issue since he doesn't eat hot dog and lunchables. My dd still doesn't eat chicken except for a bite or two here and there. If its a big concern schedule a doc appointment and see what they have to say..maybe they can give you a better conclusion or refer you to someone who knows more about it (again if it's a big issue). Good luck.
    mom_to_kenzie

Answer by mom_to_kenzie at 12:02 AM on Jan. 8, 2011

• My 2 1/2 year old is EXACTLY like that. Has been since he has been eating solids. He will however eat hot dogs. We have just tried a few things. He LOVES those polish sausages(the little ones & the long ones you have to cut). He also likes pastrami lunch meat, salami, and turkey pastrami. Meat is a hard one but try and give him more of other foods rich in protein like peanut butter, and my son likes nuts so we give him some of those. My son is small for his age so our doctor said nuts were great because they are healthy for him and fattening for him. talk to your pediatrician about it if you are worried. Good luck!
    djanowski775

Answer by djanowski775 at 12:44 AM on Jan. 8, 2011