im sceard of getting vaccines cause of the risk but im sceard of my child catching measeles and mumps im sceard of what could happen

ali22

Asked by ali22 at 9:56 PM on Nov. 11, 2008 in Health

• What about measles and mumps scare you, exactly?? The fever? Give your child plenty of fluids, and fevers aren't usually a problem..
    Liyoness

Answer by Liyoness at 9:59 PM on Nov. 11, 2008

• Hon, you are really going to have to do some research. I chose to not vaccinate my daughter after my sons had reactions to the vaccines. BUT I also have the responsibilty and the knowledge that my kids could die from the choices I have made for them. It isn't LIKELY, but it is possible.
    SusieD250

Answer by SusieD250 at 10:00 PM on Nov. 11, 2008

• Hey, PM me if you'd like...I don't mind answering your questions. As for measles and mumps, both were 97 and 99% extinct BEFORE the vax for them came out. My kids have been vax free for the past 6 years and have been exposed to the flu, pnuemonia, chix pox, etc and have never been sick. I know that you are afraid. When considering the odds on both sides, it is really scary. I encourage you to do research and ask a lot of questions.
    Babylove76

Answer by Babylove76 at 10:00 PM on Nov. 11, 2008

• can my child die from measles
    ali22

Answer by ali22 at 10:04 PM on Nov. 11, 2008

• Yes, measles, mumps, rubells, scarlet fever and even small pox can all kill a child. The risk is Far greater of contracting one of these things when you dont vaccinate considering there are 20 million PLUS illegals in Our country that DONT ever get vaccinated, and come from 3rd world countries. Your better off being safe than sorry.
    vbruno

Answer by vbruno at 10:19 PM on Nov. 11, 2008

• Your child can also die from the flu. If you choose not to vax you have to know the symptoms of these diseases like the back of your hand so that if your child does get one of them (very unlikely, but possible) you will be able to get immediate medical attention.
    SamanthaAgain

Answer by SamanthaAgain at 10:20 PM on Nov. 11, 2008

• Your child can also have an allergic reaction to the vaccine and be changed for life. Your child also can contract pertussis from the vaccine as mine did and nearly die from the resulting infection. They are also not protected from pertussis for life as they would be if they contracted pertussis, so they can actually get it later. They are also not protected for life from chicken pox, so they could contract it later in life and then it could be deadly. See why I want you to do your own research?? It is too important for you to get info from a chat room regarding this.
    SusieD250

Answer by SusieD250 at 10:34 PM on Nov. 11, 2008

• How do your children go to school without vaccinations? I know here in Florida your child has to have all shots before entering school.
    BrendaMomOf3

Answer by BrendaMomOf3 at 12:23 AM on Nov. 12, 2008

• Unless ur child is allergic to one of the components of a vaccine there are no risks besides the one in a million that show mild signs of that disease. The risk of autism, there is no proof and it is said that the rise in the number of autism is related to the broadened definition not immunizing or thamerosal in the immunizations. 90% of vaccine preventable disease can be fatal. I just did a report on immunizations i vaccinate and will continue to, you were vaccinated right? It is ur choice tho
    Cherish050307

Answer by Cherish050307 at 12:25 AM on Nov. 12, 2008