Is it okay for expecting mommies to get massages?

I usually go to my local Massage Envy and get massages because I just find them so relaxing. But I am wondering can I even go get a massage; are there any restrictions I should be aware of?

BritLane

Asked by BritLane at 5:42 PM on Jan. 7, 2011 in Health

• YES!!! GO GET ONE!
    rebeccadac

Answer by rebeccadac at 5:42 PM on Jan. 7, 2011

• Let them know that you are pregnant there is a pregnant massage that will not effect your baby. Because some massges go to deep tissue and have negative effects on the baby ( so I have been told).
    karing4elmas

Answer by karing4elmas at 5:43 PM on Jan. 7, 2011

• Thanks! I figured that much, I just love getting them and my Massage Envy errand run (lol) has become a sort of ritual for me, I just wondered with the bump getting big if I could continue!
    BritLane

Comment by BritLane (original poster) at 5:52 PM on Jan. 7, 2011

• I think it would be safest if you look for a massage therapist with prenatal training, but who ever you go to make sure they understand that you are pregnant. My doctor recommended it to me during my twin pregnancy.

TweenAndTwinMom

Answer by TweenAndTwinMom at 5:56 PM on Jan. 7, 2011

• Congratulations on your Pregnancy! Yes, you can. I got one with both of my pregnancies! Just ask them if they have any restrictions.

Best Wishes!
    www.ErikaCarrillo.com
    mommy2joeynabby

Answer by mommy2joeynabby at 6:36 PM on Jan. 7, 2011