I was supossed to babysit for 1 night that turned into 3

One of my friends wanted to go out for new years. Since my so and i didn't have a babysitter for our 2 month old we stayed in. I said i would watch her kids for her overnight so she could go out (she was supposed to pick up her boys the next day @ 12) She didnt show or call. I tried calling but she turned off her phone. She didn't show til Monday morning claiming she got stranded. Which is BS. Then refused to pay me what she said she was going to. I would have done it for free. these kids are like my nephews. I will never do it again for her. She is now angry with me because i said i would never do it again for her. BTW she called tonight to see if i would watch her kids again. am I being a bitch or am i right?

jennmargaret

Asked by jennmargaret at 5:44 PM on Jan. 7, 2011 in General Parenting

• I would have called cps and said the kids were abandoned after the second night. She couldn't find a phone and call you collect? I don't buy it.
    SleepingBeautee

Answer by SleepingBeautee at 5:46 PM on Jan. 7, 2011

• I would have called police the minute that she didn't show up. It's one thing to agree to watch the children for one night, but to assume that you would keep her children without asking for 3 days is outrageous! And to have the nerve to ask you to watch her children again is crazy!
    xxlilmomma09

Answer by xxlilmomma09 at 5:46 PM on Jan. 7, 2011

• Are you effing kidding me?? I would have called the police by 1pm on Saturday. She just abandoned her child with you for 3 days and never called??? Honestly I might even call DYFS at this point. That is astonishing to me. My mouth is literally wide open. WTF??
    gramsmom

Answer by gramsmom at 5:47 PM on Jan. 7, 2011

• Nope, she has no right to be mad. I would rethink the friendship if I were you.
    bcauseimthemom

Answer by bcauseimthemom at 5:47 PM on Jan. 7, 2011

• oops, CHILDREN. OMG, how old are they?? How terrified they must have been!
    gramsmom

• No you are not the wrong one here!

Those poor babies!
    Charis76

Answer by Charis76 at 5:50 PM on Jan. 7, 2011

• her kids are 1 and 4 i have a 8 4 and 2 month old.
    jennmargaret

Comment by jennmargaret (original poster) at 5:50 PM on Jan. 7, 2011

• they weren't terrified in fact they had said that the wished i was their mom. thats says something right there.
    jennmargaret

Comment by jennmargaret (original poster) at 5:51 PM on Jan. 7, 2011

• thats so lame. she should be grateful u didnt call the cops on her. stick to ur guns girl
    knagsmom

Answer by knagsmom at 5:51 PM on Jan. 7, 2011

• I would have called the cops for abandoning her children, you might want to call cps now and report it who knows who she might dump her kids on next. And I would also end the friendship you don't need someone like that in your life.
    Gnomeofmyheart

Answer by Gnomeofmyheart at 5:51 PM on Jan. 7, 2011