Vapo-rub question

My DD is 7 months. She is stuffy and snotty. She insists on being worn in the Ergo. I think the up right position helps her breathe.

Well, do you think it would help if I put the Vapo-rub on the back of my neck? She is back carried.

I tried putting it on her feet but it didn't help and broke out her skin.

ecodani

Asked by ecodani at 5:50 PM on Jan. 7, 2011 in Babies (0-12 months)

• If it broke out the skin on her feet, it would do much worse on more sensitive skin near the face and chest. Don't do it. Put some on a cotton ball and let her smell it. Don't put it on her body.
    neebug3766

Answer by neebug3766 at 5:53 PM on Jan. 7, 2011

• i think that would be fine. they do make a baby vicks you could try on her at night. I used to put my son in a onsie and rub just a tiny amount on the onsie at bedtime it seemed to help.
    Jaxsmommy09

Answer by Jaxsmommy09 at 5:53 PM on Jan. 7, 2011

• Did you use the regular Vaporub or the Baby Vaporub? If you used to the regular stuff, I would try the Baby version.
    Snewo

Answer by Snewo at 5:59 PM on Jan. 7, 2011

• If you are holding her and rub some on yourself, that is an awesome idea. I wish I had thought of that when mine were little. Also they make a liquid form that goes into a humidifier, and also an inhaler version that you just hold near them if the cream is breaking her out. Hope she feels better soon.
    busywithbabies

Answer by busywithbabies at 8:33 PM on Jan. 7, 2011