This isn't exactly a question, but I love what it means and wish more people were like this....

One day a
teacher asked her students to list the names of the other students in the room
on two sheets of paper, leaving a space between each of them.

Then she told them to think of the nicest thing they could say about each of
their classmates and write it down.

It took the remainder of the class period to finish their assignment, and as
the students left the room, each one handed in the papers.

That Saturday, the teacher wrote down the name of each student on a separate sheet of paper and listed what everyone else had said about that individual.

Monday she gave each student his or her list. Before long, the entire class
was smiling. 'Really?' she heard whispered. 'I never knew that I meant
anything to anyone!' and, 'I didn't know others liked me so much,' were most of the comments. Nobody ever mentioned those papers in class again. She never knew if they
discussed them after class or with their parents, but it didn't matter. The
exercise had accomplished its purpose. The students were happy with
themselves and one another. That group of students moved on.

Several years later, one of the students was killed in the Vietnam War and his teacher attended the funeral of that special student. She had never seen a serviceman in a military coffin before. He looked so handsome, so mature..

The church was packed with his friends. One by one those who loved him took a
last walk by the coffin. The teacher was the last one to bless the coffin.

As she stood there, one of the soldiers who acted as pallbearer came up to her. "Were you Mark's math teacher?" he asked. She nodded "yes" Then he said, "Mark talked about you a lot".

After the funeral, most of Mark's former classmates went together to a luncheon.
Mark's mother and father were there, obviously waiting to speak with his teacher.

We want to show you something,' his father said, taking a wallet out of his pocket. "They found this on Mark when he was killed, and we thought you might recognize it." Opening the billfold, he carefully removed two worn pieces of notebook paper that
had obviously been taped, folded and refolded many times. The teacher knew without looking that the papers were the ones on which she had listed all the good things each of Mark's classmates had said about him.

"Thank you so much for doing that" Mark's mother said. "As you can see, Mark treasured it."

All of Mark's former classmates started to gather around. Charlie smiled rather sheepishly and he said "I still have my list, it's in the top drawer of my desk at home."

Chuck's wife said, "Chuck asked me to put his in our wedding album."

"I have mine too" Marilyn said. "It's in my diary"

Then Vicki, another classmate, reached into her pocketbook, took out her wallet and showed her worn and frazzled list to the group. "I carry this with me at
all times," Vicki said and without batting an eyelash, she continued, "I think we all saved our lists"

Then, when the teacher finally sat down and cried. She cried for Mark and for all his friends who would never see him again.

The density of people in society is so thick that we forget that life will end
one day. And we don't know when that one day will be.
So please, tell the people you love and care for, that they are special and important. Tell them, before it is too late.

Remember,you reap what you sow. What you put into the lives of others comes back into your own.

May Your Day Be Blessed As Special As You Are.

Michigan-Mom74

Asked by Michigan-Mom74 at 5:50 PM on Jan. 7, 2011 in Just for Fun

• Thank you!
    Snewo

Answer by Snewo at 5:55 PM on Jan. 7, 2011

• Thank you so much this was so needed.
    karing4elmas

Answer by karing4elmas at 5:59 PM on Jan. 7, 2011

• I HAVE HEARD THIS A COUPLE OF TIMES AND EVERY TIME I READ IT IT MAKES ME SMILE.
    JOHNNYSMOMMY23

Answer by JOHNNYSMOMMY23 at 6:01 PM on Jan. 7, 2011

• Thank you........I friend of mine e-mailed this and I loved it, and wanted to share this.....
    Michigan-Mom74

Comment by Michigan-Mom74 (original poster) at 6:27 PM on Jan. 7, 2011

• Thanks that's really nice! Have a great day also.
    Moms_Angels1960

Answer by Moms_Angels1960 at 6:34 PM on Jan. 7, 2011

• what a wonderful idea to do with your family. Who did not have a tear by the end of this post? I love pieces like this.
    mrsljamieson

Answer by mrsljamieson at 6:52 PM on Jan. 7, 2011

• What is this to mean, except it's a shame we are supposed to only write down something for a class project. It's not real. I've done it in a class once, and afterwards no body did ever speak to one another again. But I'll be bluntly truthful ! IF I see another person from that one class that took this time and spent commenting on each other, what is stopping anyone from just DOING IT NATURALLY, sorry but it is a way of controlling a class for sport, and this letter is a reminder, that is all, so we should all take a serious look at it in reality.
    Anonymous

• Gee Miss Anonymous, can u say "asinine?" Thats kinda mean if u ask me. This post was supposed to be a kind sentiment, done in fun and kindness. Besides, u are taking the sentiment of that post a little to literally. But say a teacher did do something like this in the class, I think it might be worthwhile with all the bullying in schools and such don't u think? Maybe adults can do this, but teenagers, or at least the ones I have come across needs to be reminded in how to be nice to others or the "Golden Rule."
    Michigan-Mom74

Comment by Michigan-Mom74 (original poster) at 12:26 AM on Jan. 8, 2011