What is your FAVORITE tradition? Whether it be a holiday tradition, or an every day tradition.

AnnHenderson

Asked by AnnHenderson at 10:08 PM on Nov. 11, 2008 in Just for Fun

• Ohh I love to let the kids open one present on x-mas eve lol

Cmm13

Answer by Cmm13 at 10:10 PM on Nov. 11, 2008

• Well, Shelberifics (my dd) favorite tradition is making cookies for christmas. My fav is Thanksgiving dessert.
    Fiveofakind2

Answer by Fiveofakind2 at 10:11 PM on Nov. 11, 2008

• My parents did that and we ALWAYS got pajams and had to wear them that night. It was great to get an early present!
    AnnHenderson

Answer by AnnHenderson at 10:12 PM on Nov. 11, 2008

• Going bowling after dinner on Tanksfiving and New years day. We've always done it, since I was 6 years old.
    vbruno

Answer by vbruno at 10:12 PM on Nov. 11, 2008

• We are going to start a tradition this year. I have never done it as a child either. Out son is three and this year we are going to make home made sugar cookies as a family and then decorate them with icing and sprinkles. We'll do it on Christmas Eve for Santa of course!! :o)
    AnnHenderson

Answer by AnnHenderson at 10:13 PM on Nov. 11, 2008

• We've somehow gotten a strange Chirstmas tradition going in my family! We have our Christmas dinner with extended family on Christmas Eve. So, on Christmas day, it's just our little family of 4. The last 4 or 5 years, we've taken the kids to a movie on Christmas day. We either eat leftovers or find a Chinese restaurant to eat at. A little weird, but the kids look forward to it!
    Mishelly728

Answer by Mishelly728 at 10:15 PM on Nov. 11, 2008

• I have a few traditions I do every year. The first is to put up our tree the day after Thanksgiving. We all decorate it together as a family and listen to Christmas music while we do and or sing carols.

The next one is to buy or make an ornament each year for each child. This adds up each year so that when they are out on their own, they have a box of special ornaments already for their tree.

The last one I started and that is to open one gift from us on Christmas eve. This is always a pair of new p.j.'s that they get to wear that night.
    Babylove76

Answer by Babylove76 at 10:20 PM on Nov. 11, 2008

• Building the Christmas nativity set, setting up the Christmas tree, making hot chocolate (drinking it cold the next morning), panettone, surprising the children with presents, getting Christmas cards from friends and relatives, inviting the neighbors, midnight mass, I guess it's all about Christmas!
    Avon_Calling

Answer by Avon_Calling at 10:24 PM on Nov. 11, 2008

• We do the open 2 gifts Christmas Eve, one is always new pj's to put on. But I think my fav. tradition is making cinnamon applesauce ornaments with the kids. That is the best!!!
    LizMomTo4Girls

Answer by LizMomTo4Girls at 10:46 PM on Nov. 11, 2008

• ooohhh Breakfast at my parents house (my dad is THE BEST cook) on christmas morning, and spending New Years at my aunts where everyone gets a say in what foods we have (so there is plenty and everyone is happy!!!)
    photomamma1220

Answer by photomamma1220 at 12:03 AM on Nov. 12, 2008