Anyone figure out the key to a happy marriage yet?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:09 PM on Nov. 11, 2008 in Relationships

• I think I have. Now if I could only figure out how to put it in writing and get it published.
    vbruno

Answer by vbruno at 10:11 PM on Nov. 11, 2008

• I have, but I know a lot of people will disagree with me! The key to a happy marriage is making God the center of it! God first, spouse second, self third! That's the way it needs to be on both sides! IMHO, any way!
    Mishelly728

Answer by Mishelly728 at 10:11 PM on Nov. 11, 2008

• Honesty!
    Anonymous

• We're not married, but we were high school sweethearts that have survived quite a bit and 10 years later I can say that trust and having our own hobbies has helped a lot! Trusting my SO couldn't be more of a relief. I've never once worried about him cheating on me or abusing me or behaving irresponsibly with our kids. That trust eliminates a LOT of arguments and stress. I can also honestly say I don't want to be on top of him 24/7. I like that we don't share a lot of hobbies because that way we're not completely dependent on each other for our happiness...we've got friends and activities of our own that let us keep our own identity I think. Knowing we have a lifetime together isn't a "sentence" for me.
    kabbot01

Answer by kabbot01 at 10:14 PM on Nov. 11, 2008

• Love and support! Trust and honesty! Fight for what you believe, and know when to back down where you're wrong. And always, always let your partner know how you feel at all times, never hide of keep anything from the other person.
    AnnHenderson

Answer by AnnHenderson at 10:15 PM on Nov. 11, 2008

• I think you ahve to be flexable and understanding and firm about things that you are dead strong on but also ayways look at it both ways you might change your mind on some things
    Anonymous

• I found that honesty and understanding. Really just listening to each other. This is after almost loosing my marriage and now happier than ever.
    Anonymous

• I think the key is to not change. DH and I still act like we did when we first met. We go on a date together every friday night. We try to do nice things for each other throughout the week. Plus, we pick and choose our battles. Sometimes an arguement just isn't worth it and it's better to let that one slide. But, I really think that it is to not change just because you are married and have kids. Good luck hun!
    crystac

Answer by crystac at 10:16 PM on Nov. 11, 2008

• great communication, a ton of trust, and awesome sex. =D
    kiliki_malie

Answer by kiliki_malie at 10:18 PM on Nov. 11, 2008

• I agree that you have to have God in your marriage. You and your dh should be best friends. There are things that are shared only between you and him. You should be honest and sensitive to their feelings. I also think that if you have a great sex life and intamacy it will keep you communicating and connecting all the time. You have to do little things all the time to show you care.
    liebimom3

Answer by liebimom3 at 10:18 PM on Nov. 11, 2008