Need quick answers about high blood pressure/heart problems

Okay, my hubby (only 24) has very high blood pressure problems. He is on a high dosage of Avapro, which keeps it regulated well & he is usually fine. He's at work right now & just texted me to say that he is feeling short of breath & having pain in the middle of his chest & back. Does this sound like heart problems? I'm so young that I have NO experience with this. I called to check on him & he sounded okay... He said he was alright for now & he would call me back in a little while. Should I make him leave work & go to the ER? I'm so worried now...

heather.huckaby

Asked by heather.huckaby at 10:13 PM on Nov. 11, 2008 in Health

• have him go to er now, he could be having a stroke, heart attack, whatever or it could be nothing, but he should def get it looked at!
    smzuzu

Answer by smzuzu at 10:33 PM on Nov. 11, 2008

• That would be my suggestion, yes. Why takes any chances.
    pupmom

Answer by pupmom at 10:16 PM on Nov. 11, 2008

• yes this is a sign of a heart attack. If he is overweight I would seriously suggest going on a diet. I have high blood pressure too and am dieting. I think that he should talk to his doctor to adjust his medication.
    cherrera5

Answer by cherrera5 at 10:34 PM on Nov. 11, 2008

• Yes... you really have to watch with high blood pressure his meds my need to be adjusted.
    getyoung

Answer by getyoung at 4:49 PM on Nov. 12, 2008