have you ever woken up from sleep but u can't move or speak? did u feel a very strong (evil) force pressing down on u literally?

maya123

Asked by maya123 at 6:05 PM on Jan. 7, 2011 in Religion & Beliefs

• No.
    Snewo

Answer by Snewo at 6:06 PM on Jan. 7, 2011

• There is a medical term for this, which I can't remember. I don't think it includes the evil part. Anyway, no this has never happened to me.
    Aquarius80

Answer by Aquarius80 at 6:07 PM on Jan. 7, 2011

• no..
    youngmm

Answer by youngmm at 6:07 PM on Jan. 7, 2011

• It's called Sleep Paralysis, and it is a malfunction of the sleep cycle. Most people experience it at least once in life, some people much more frequently.

It's akin to lucid dreaming, except then you are fully aware that you're dreaming while you're dreaming, rather than being convinced you are fully awake while dreaming.
    LindaClement

Answer by LindaClement at 6:09 PM on Jan. 7, 2011

• It is usually a symptom of narcolepsy.
    ashisamom

Answer by ashisamom at 6:10 PM on Jan. 7, 2011

• Yes what LindaClement said:) I thought that was the name but wasn't sure.
    Aquarius80

Answer by Aquarius80 at 6:10 PM on Jan. 7, 2011

• Yes.SOME people say it is the devil riding your back.
    nicjon

Answer by nicjon at 6:12 PM on Jan. 7, 2011

• 1 time i did.....I was dreaming of aliens and then I couldnt move when I woke up. I was like 12 and it really freaked me out!
    LuvMyMedic3ID

Answer by LuvMyMedic3ID at 6:12 PM on Jan. 7, 2011

• Call me crazy i don't give a crap! Yes this has happened to me on several occasions when i was around the age of 16. It's the most strange feeling & you described it almost to a tee. I remember when it would happen i would be just waking up but i could not move my body or speak it's like i was paralyzed & it felt like there were tons of bricks weighing me down....8 seconds later i would be just fine. Creepy feeling & it has never happened since then. They say it happens when your spirit leaves or wonders from your body or whatever i don't remember exactly...i had to Google it myself.

iluvmykidsxoxo

Answer by iluvmykidsxoxo at 6:13 PM on Jan. 7, 2011

• yes its happen to me and its very creepy and i dont like it lol. glad to know theres a name for it. Now how do you prevent it, is what i wana know.
    Jaxsmommy09

Answer by Jaxsmommy09 at 6:13 PM on Jan. 7, 2011