What do you think about the Scott sisters?

nicjon

Asked by nicjon at 6:07 PM on Jan. 7, 2011 in Politics & Current Events

• An $11 robbery. Sorry they should have been doing community service and saving the taz payers money not costing us thousands. What they did was not worth throughing them in jail that long.
    Alanaplus3

Answer by Alanaplus3 at 7:26 PM on Jan. 7, 2011

• 16 wasted years over 11 dollars dont make any sense...
    smiley745

Answer by smiley745 at 6:40 PM on Jan. 7, 2011

• Who are the "Scott Sisters"?
    jesse123456

Answer by jesse123456 at 7:46 PM on Jan. 7, 2011

• Did the 1 sister agree to donate?
    Sisteract

Answer by Sisteract at 8:26 PM on Jan. 7, 2011

• She's applying for medicare

Actually it's MEDICAID.    They got such a stiff sentence because it was ARMED robbery.    

PestPatti

Answer by PestPatti at 12:53 PM on Jan. 8, 2011

• I was thinking the same thing smiley745. When you have murders, rapist, and child molesters walking around after doing a few years.
    nicjon

Comment by nicjon (original poster) at 6:43 PM on Jan. 7, 2011

• I really don't, not that big of a deal. Weird deals like this happen all the time and you don't hear much about them nationally.
    itsmesteph11

Answer by itsmesteph11 at 5:38 AM on Jan. 8, 2011

• I don't know much about the original case, I was only 11 when it happened. But I have a hard time believing they were given double life sentences BY THE JURY just for stealing $11. There had to have been more to the case than that. And one station said almost $200, I don't know where they got that. But anyway, I don't know why people are so upset that they got released because the dialysis was too expensive for the county. She's applying for medicare and they're FREE! So what if the Governor was trying to save $200,000 per year for the state? I guess he could have kept them in jail and just let her die and refused to provide dialysis.

And I saw on one station that they don't even know if the other sister is a match to donate the kidney anyway. They have to do some tests to see if she is.
    Laura2U

Answer by Laura2U at 11:58 AM on Jan. 8, 2011

• NAACP thinks it is racial thing that they were sentenced to life in prison.
    nicjon

Comment by nicjon (original poster) at 12:36 PM on Jan. 8, 2011

• how the hell is that legal? I guess if your going to get out of prison it is a fair trade? Kidney for freedom,
    Claudiomom

Answer by Claudiomom at 6:16 PM on Jan. 7, 2011