buying new furniture?

Ok ladys heres the issue my husband wants to buy brand new furniture when he move here next month now yes it would be nice to buy new living room furniture we have wanted a sectional for a while now but we have a toddler and a new baby on the way. I think its silly to buy new furniture right now because kids will be kids and im afraid they may ruin my nice furniture my husband tells oh no they wont they will know better. OK lets get real you can yell at your kids, spank your kids whatever it is you do fo disapline all day long and kids will still do things because there kids. am I just be unrelistic or just thinking common sence? Do i give him let him buy what he wants or try and talk him out of it for a few more years?

Jaxsmommy09

Asked by Jaxsmommy09 at 6:11 PM on Jan. 7, 2011 in Home & Garden

• I would wait to purchase new furniture.
    aliceinalgonac

Answer by aliceinalgonac at 6:13 PM on Jan. 7, 2011

• or purchase furniture that's kid resistant. the salesperson will help you at the store.
    keisha613

Answer by keisha613 at 6:17 PM on Jan. 7, 2011

• I would opt to wait to buy new furniture too, but if it's important to him it doesn't have to be something to cause you more stress. If you set up limitations, such as no food or drinks outside of the kitchen/dining area, you won't have spills. If your baby tends to spit up a lot you can throw blankets over the furniture (I'd suggest doing this even with old furniture because it is so much easier to throw a blanket in the wash than to clean upholstery). You can also hold on to one or two old pieces of furniture, such as a comfy chair, to use for holding the baby on until he/she passes the spit up phase. Also, you can buy furniture that is resistant to stains. I have 3 year old twins, and I have had no issues with them causing damage to my furniture (crossing my fingers and knocking on wood now!).

TweenAndTwinMom

Answer by TweenAndTwinMom at 6:33 PM on Jan. 7, 2011

• I've always had white or cream sofas and its never been a problem with my kids because we don't eat/drink there. You can have nice stuff; you just have to set boundaries with your children and your husband.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 7:25 AM on Jan. 9, 2011