Nefidipine For Pregnancy?

Anyone taken Nefidipine for pregnancy... what were your side effects when taking it? Were there any effects on your baby?

It feels like my heart is going to explode.....

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:21 PM on Nov. 11, 2008 in Pregnancy

• is that for high blood pressure?
    Anonymous

• I did, but not for my heart. I had an irritable uterus, meaning it liked to contract more than it should and I was at risk for preterm labor. I don't remember what the dosage was, but I was put on Nifedipine until I hit 37 weeks.

If it's something you usually take, talk to your doctor about finding a safe dose to take during pregnancy. Good luck!
    KatieCrandall

Answer by KatieCrandall at 10:52 PM on Nov. 11, 2008

• I've taken it for the last 2 pregnancies If your heart "feels like it's going to explode" GO TO THE DR!!! That can be severe side effect. It could be you're taking too much or need to take a different one. If it's for blood pressure ask to see a cardiologist.
    MissyJo68

Answer by MissyJo68 at 10:58 PM on Nov. 11, 2008