Do you feel fear at the dentist?

adriennfaklya

Asked by adriennfaklya at 6:30 PM on Jan. 7, 2011 in Health

• OMG,yes!!! Luckily,my dentist caters to 'cowards',haha. I break out in a sweat and grip the chair arms. I hate the sound of the drill and I hate the needles,painful. Getting easier now though. The alternative: lose all my teeth...Honestly,I'd rather go thru childbirth again at my age(55)so that tells you how I feel about the dentist.. :)
    guardmp_MOM

Answer by guardmp_MOM at 6:37 AM on Jan. 9, 2011

• Yes, I had braces growing up and I hate going. It's like I've spent half my life there.
    genagina

Answer by genagina at 6:31 PM on Jan. 7, 2011

• Not anymore! I have a very nice dentist now. When I was a child I had an awful dentist. He does not have a good chair side manner at all. I am glad I found a good one for my family. My son loves to go to the dentist.
    Snewo

Answer by Snewo at 6:31 PM on Jan. 7, 2011

• Yes I do I don't like going to the Dentist I don't like the drill in my mouth it is uncomforable and the hole time that I'm sitting in the chair I'm scared the hole time it's not fun at all.
    auntie335

Answer by auntie335 at 9:01 PM on Jan. 7, 2011

• no but I do the dr... I'm always scared they will find something wrong
    June_Mama09

Answer by June_Mama09 at 6:31 PM on Jan. 7, 2011

• not fear but just loathing. i cant stand hearing the scraping and the drill noise.
    laura970

Answer by laura970 at 6:34 PM on Jan. 7, 2011

• Nope! My Dentist is AWESOME- he knows me, and my family as he has treated us for many, many years. He has great chair side manner, he has a sense of humor, and he is very nice. He genuinely cares about his patients, and it shows!
    MizLee

Answer by MizLee at 7:04 PM on Jan. 7, 2011

• Yes..Thanks to the dentist I had as a child..That man didn't know what he was doing..He messed w/my mouth & teeth & he was so mean...That dentist scared me for life!

girliemom0406

Answer by girliemom0406 at 10:20 PM on Jan. 7, 2011

• Nah, I never have. Not even when I had to have four molars pulled so I could get braces when I was 13 or 14. I've been through way worse, and dentists and doctors in general don't really scare me, but a lot piss me off with their attitudes (dentists, in my experience, tend to be nicer all around, though).
    Mrs.BAT

Answer by Mrs.BAT at 11:28 PM on Jan. 7, 2011

• When I was young, yes, because my parents sent us to dentists that (I thought) weren't very good. Now, I actually like going to the dentist! LOL sometimes I feel like that guy from Little Shop of Horrors! ;)
    phoofy

Answer by phoofy at 1:48 AM on Jan. 8, 2011