Do you have good night family rituals?

Like good night kiss, praying, cuddle, etc? Do you teach your child these rituals?

adriennfaklya

Asked by adriennfaklya at 6:36 PM on Jan. 7, 2011 in General Parenting

• Since I have 3 little guys at the same age, they take a bath, pjs, snack, then to bed they go, every night at 8 o'clock. Every other nite I read them a story. Then they get to watch tv for the remaing time (until 9). This has worked for the past 3 years. However, now that they are getting older, they are asking to stay up later, so, to fix that problem, after the normal routine, they may lay in their bed and look at a book with a special light that I got them, but the tv still is turned off.
    9tigger

Answer by 9tigger at 9:36 PM on Jan. 7, 2011

• It changes as the kids age. There has always been story time, kisses and cuddles though.

Now they are 3,4 and 11, we all have potty time, brush teeth. The oldest goes to his room to read and I or DH read to the younger two. Then they get kisses and cuddles and I tuck them in their blankets and turn off the lights and leave the room.
    SleepingBeautee

Answer by SleepingBeautee at 6:41 PM on Jan. 7, 2011

• We give the kids a bath and into pjs, then we say Vespers (evening prayers) and the kids have a chance to light a candle and pray for anyone they want. Then we read a book (or ten.haha..) and off to bed with hugs and kisses. I'm sure it will change as they get older (they are 1yr and 2yr old)
    tobys.mommy

Answer by tobys.mommy at 6:48 PM on Jan. 7, 2011

• My daughter is 16 months old. Her bedtime ritual for now is diaper change, dad brushes her teeth, I read her a couple books, then I nurse her to sleep.
    Christina807

Answer by Christina807 at 10:19 PM on Jan. 7, 2011

• Right now my DD gives Daddy hugs and a kiss on the cheek then I take her to her room and read to her. Then tuck her into bed kiss her head and tell her goodnight. And if we forget to do even just one of those my DD will cry until we do, found that out the hard way.
    CadincesMom

Answer by CadincesMom at 11:04 PM on Jan. 8, 2011