Should this person be arrested? What about charges?

A girl who was out of drug rehab died after 3 days. She was found with her 3 year old daughter. Initially, although there was murder detectives on the case, everyone really assumed she overdosed, since the drug of choice was heroin. Now there is new info. A girl was with her, after she died, and robbed her. **young adults, not girl.* We know for a fact she was not suicidal. She had her daughter overnight, because she no longer had custody...she was excited to spend time with her daughter. She and her daughter left the house to get groceries, and snacks. She was found 2 days later. 9-11 was not called, her location was provided to her uncle by an anonymous caller, which was tracked to a different state. I don't know if she is currently in jail, or not. I just recieved the update on the case. Is this enough information to arrest this person?

kaileymom79

Asked by kaileymom79 at 6:36 PM on Jan. 7, 2011 in Politics & Current Events

• It sounds like the other girl could be charged with burglary and endangering the welfare of a minor.
    lovinangels

Answer by lovinangels at 6:53 PM on Jan. 7, 2011

• so if I am reading it right... the girl that overdosed had a friend with her when she died and the friend didn't call the police???
    If that's the case then yes... that girl should, especially since a child was involved... that poor child
    June_Mama09

Answer by June_Mama09 at 6:45 PM on Jan. 7, 2011

• oh my goodness if she only had her daughter overnite why wasnt the father or gardian looking for the child the next day? that poor poor child. yes she should be charged with neglecting to call for help that is illegal to not help someone when help is needed and also for robbery.
    laura970

Answer by laura970 at 6:55 PM on Jan. 7, 2011

• I am unsure what this is saying and what the question is.
    tootoobusy

Answer by tootoobusy at 6:41 PM on Jan. 7, 2011

• Sorry, my brain is going too fast.

*K* was found dead in a home last month. Her 3 yr old daughter was there also. *K* had just gotten released out of drug rehab. She had her daughter overnight. Everyone assumed that *K* died of an overdose, and assumed she went back to using heroin. Nobody she was with called 9-11. Her body, and daughter were found after her Uncle recieved an anonymous call from out of state...The person gave her uncle an address and hung up.

Detectives are still on the case. It has now been found out that there was another person with her, after *K* died. This other woman robbed *K*, after she died.

Can this woman who robbed *K* face charges, besides burglary? I am unsure if this woman is still free on the streets, but I hope not.
    kaileymom79

Comment by kaileymom79 (original poster) at 6:46 PM on Jan. 7, 2011

• It was heartbreaking, her daughter just thought mommy was sleeping. She was at the funeral, and she wanted to give her mommy a kiss goodnight.
    kaileymom79

Comment by kaileymom79 (original poster) at 6:47 PM on Jan. 7, 2011

• Just because someone said there was another girl with her? Doubt it, actually I had a hard time decifering your post
    itsmesteph11

Answer by itsmesteph11 at 6:48 PM on Jan. 7, 2011

• Yeah, I guess if you don't know the whole situation, my post doesn't make much sense. I'm still waiting for more info.

Bottom line question. If a person is suspected of robbing a dead person, what charges can they face? Also, if the person failed to call 9-11 after seeing that the person was dead, what charges can they face? If any.
    kaileymom79

Comment by kaileymom79 (original poster) at 6:54 PM on Jan. 7, 2011

• There was a search going on... Her Aunt had/has custody, and called the police within hours of not being able to get ahold of her.
    kaileymom79

Comment by kaileymom79 (original poster) at 6:58 PM on Jan. 7, 2011