Is this between my stepdad and mom or may I say something to my mom

My stepdad and mom have a glass jar, the lid is a music box. My son likes to turn the music on, he always asks my stepdad for permission. Tonight he asked my stepdad if he coulld play the music, Brian said fine just watch Grandma's water. So Aiden went to turn it on and my mom got upset. She said it was old and he should not touch it. I looked at Brian and I just let it go. But now I feel like confronting her. I feel that she underminded Brian and that is confusing to Aiden. So what would you all of done?

sandbuster

Asked by sandbuster at 6:41 PM on Jan. 7, 2011 in Relationships

• i would let her know that the item isnt the problem. the problem is that she is not helping you be consistent there for confusing Aiden
    JOHNNYSMOMMY23

Answer by JOHNNYSMOMMY23 at 7:59 PM on Jan. 7, 2011

• That's between them, completely.
    ihatetocook

Answer by ihatetocook at 6:45 PM on Jan. 7, 2011

• I'd probably say, Brian told him he could. I wouldn't think too much into it. I know that's hard to do sometimes tho. GL
    genagina

Answer by genagina at 6:45 PM on Jan. 7, 2011

• I don't think it's a big deal. Maybe she is not undermining him, maybe she just really doesn't want him playing with the music box. Not a biggie IMO. Your son will be just fine.
    samurai_chica

Answer by samurai_chica at 6:47 PM on Jan. 7, 2011

• Let it go. She was confronting him, now you want to go to her. Let it go.
    tootoobusy

Answer by tootoobusy at 6:47 PM on Jan. 7, 2011

• I would tell her that if she does not want Aiden to play with it then maybe she should put it up out of his reach, and then I would let it go.
    MizLee

Answer by MizLee at 6:50 PM on Jan. 7, 2011

• Oh that is a hard one because that can be confusing to a child . I think at the time I might have said Brian gave him permission but since nanny says no I will turn it for you this one time. I think this would be hard either way handled but if you say anything try to do it out of your son's way. Your mother might get a little mad and you do not want your child seeing that.
    karing4elmas

Answer by karing4elmas at 6:54 PM on Jan. 7, 2011