David's Bridal (not really a question, just really angry about what they did)

So I bought my wedding dress a while back and went today to get measured for alterations. The dress was about $850 after taxes. When I bought the dress, I told the woman that I could spend no thene $1000 on the dress including alterations. Now, this was the last one they had, and they had stopped making it and it was 1 size too big. I LOVED the dress but I was thinking that the alterations would be too much. I looked online from my cell phone and saw that another david's bridal had the dress in my size, and I was thinking about getting it there. I asked her how much it would be and she said it would be no more then $150 but she said with either dress it would need to be hemed (I am 4 '11) and that would be 120, so she said that taking it in would only be $30. Well this other David's bridal was about an hour away and in a bad part of town so I figured it would be worth to spend the extra $30, especially because I would have to go 3 times (1 to buy the dress, 2 for the fitting and 3 to pick it up) so really with gas, I would be saving money. Anyway, today I went for my fitting and the alterations were $378 (remember the girl said at most it would be $150) Anyway I asked to speak to the manager and told her what I had been told. She brought the girl who sold it in and asked her and the girl said that she never quoted me a price on alterations. Too bad for her my mom was with me today and the day we bought the dress and she backed me up. The manager told me to call the main office as there wasn't anything she could do but they should be able to do something (she said they would prob refund what I paid for alterations except for the $150 that I had been told it would be) I have called but I called after 5 so they will be getting back with me on monday about it. Basically, what they told me is that some sales people will tell you the alterations will be less in order to make you think you will stay within your budget so that you will buy the dress and they will get the commission. I can't believe that this woman did this, but I hope, in addition to helping me, the main office with deal with her because that is horrible that she would do this

JLS2388

Asked by JLS2388 at 7:03 PM on Jan. 7, 2011 in Shopping

• They did the same to my sister, then they altered the dress wrong and tried to make her pay even more to re-alter it. We had problems with our bridesmaid dresses too.

That whole company is awful. I would NEVER buy anything from them.
    SleepingBeautee

Answer by SleepingBeautee at 7:13 PM on Jan. 7, 2011

• I went browsing for gowns with a friend 1 time and they wouldnt even let us look around the store because we didnt make an appt. they pissed me off and I wont go back
    LuvMyMedic3ID

Answer by LuvMyMedic3ID at 7:21 PM on Jan. 7, 2011

• That's one thing I HATE about commission jobs. I mean, I know that people have to make money, but being HONEST will get you more sales than lying and having your reputation slandered, etc. I'm sorry that she did that crap, that's low and so wrong. I really hope that things get straightened out for you.
    Mrs.BAT

Answer by Mrs.BAT at 10:37 PM on Jan. 7, 2011