Not a question.......just happy!

My son was having issues with eating food at 5months old....the pediatritian wanted him to start eating rice ceral because he was not gaining weight. I tried and tried to get him to eat, but he refused everything i offered him. By the time he was 6mo old he only weighed 12lbs. He is now almost 9months and still only weighs 13 1/2 pounds, but he is finally taking food other than breastmilk. He started eating about 3 weeks ago and is doing great! I was beginning to worry about him since he was diagnosed with FTT (failure to thrive) He is growing now and we have an appt next week with the pediatritian. He is getting help with an OT and a dietitian so things are working for him. I just wanted to share the good news of him eating food FINALLY!!!!! Thanks for reading this.

team21

Asked by team21 at 7:04 PM on Jan. 7, 2011 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Glad it's getting better for you and him! That's great!
    genagina

Answer by genagina at 7:04 PM on Jan. 7, 2011

• That is great!
    Snewo

Answer by Snewo at 7:08 PM on Jan. 7, 2011

• Yay! I'm happy for you and your baby!!
    myree85

Answer by myree85 at 2:44 AM on Jan. 8, 2011

• woohoo!!!
    Mommy2JoshNJake

Answer by Mommy2JoshNJake at 9:36 AM on Jan. 8, 2011

• Congrats!

My DD was tiny like that. At a year she looked like a 6 month old (but was already running.) She was 16.75 lbs. At 2 she was a whopping 21 lbs. Just tiny. She started to really grow around age 8 when she gained 11 lbs in one year. She is now 11. She is 5 ft. tall and weighs about 95 lbs. She looks 14. Your baby might be on the small side but he'll get there.
    balagan_imma

Answer by balagan_imma at 3:13 PM on Jan. 10, 2011