Does anyone know an inexpensive photographer?

I am doing my wedding on a very stricked budget. I would like a photographer but I can't pay very much. I don't need them to print out pictures, just take the pics of the wedding and give me a cd with them on there. I live in Orange Park, Fl. I also need a DJ if anyone knows anyone

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:06 PM on Jan. 7, 2011 in Money & Work

• Take it from a woman who skimped on photography and has spent 30 yrs regretting it. My family talked me out of hiring someone. "Brent and Tommy both are great photographers" Yeah, While I do have some nice shots...there is not one of my husband and his best man, Not one of my cake with the top layer and topper on, none of My mom and me...or my best friend and I. Cut the budget to the bone somewhere else. Don't wind up regretting it like we do. God Luck.
    GrnEyedGrandma

Answer by GrnEyedGrandma at 7:10 PM on Jan. 7, 2011

• you get what you pay for. Even though it doesnt seem taking a picture should cost as much as it does there is a lot of behind the scenes work that goes into processing and getting your photos ready. Most photographers will have a minimum order before you can even purchase the disk and then the disk will be hundreds of dollars because the majority of money a photographer makes is from the prints that are ordered and once you have a disk you have no reason to order prints. Just make sure you look at a lot of samples of their work and that it is consistantly good. You dont want to choose a photographer that only has great work some of the time since a wedding is not a day that you can just go back to reshoot.
    foxracing43701

Answer by foxracing43701 at 7:38 PM on Jan. 7, 2011

• Thanks for the advise!!!! The pictures are very important to me, my mom didn't have them either and regretted it for 22 years (until my parents got divorced lol)
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 7:51 PM on Jan. 7, 2011

• Sometimes you can find a great established photographer that is just looking to update their portfolio and website images that are willing to give you a good discount. Maybe put an ad up on craigslist and your local newspaper to see what you get. good luck.
    foxracing43701

Answer by foxracing43701 at 8:12 PM on Jan. 7, 2011

• Thank you, I have a photographer who I always use to take pics of my dd. She is great and she is wanting to get into the wedding scene but she says the problem is finding the first bride who will give her a chance. She is a great photographer, and I am thinking about asking her and saying if she will do it for VERY inexpensive, she can use our pictures for her portfolio.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 8:17 PM on Jan. 7, 2011

• I'm friends with this guy. He did our wedding but that was when he was first starting out and since we're friends he did it for free for us. So I have no idea what his rates are. He's in Jacksonville.

http://www.safario.net/webfolio/
    Christina807

Answer by Christina807 at 10:50 PM on Jan. 7, 2011

• I know there are a lot of 'cheap' photographers out there, but please listen when people tell you that you get what you pay for. I understand you can't afford much, but a real photographer who makes their living off their business is HIGHLY unlikely to give you your photos on a CD free and clear for just a flat fee. It's not just about the photo, it's the finished photo- my boss would not allow people to copy his photos because it degrades the quality and reflects bad on HIM. He wanted to know the finished project was to his standards.

If that's all you're looking for (a cd) then just get a friend to do it, but it won't be what you're hoping for. If you really want what I imagine you're envisioning, expect to pay a bit more and don't hold on too tightly to the 'CD only' hope.
    ceemuhreeashbee

Answer by ceemuhreeashbee at 4:23 AM on Jan. 8, 2011

• http://photographerseek.com
    MrsBentine

Answer by MrsBentine at 1:07 PM on Jan. 20, 2011