DO YOU BELIVE IN THAT COMMERCIAL MY CHILD CAN READ?

I THINK IT DOES BUT IDK I WOULD GET IT FOR MY CHILDREN BUT I WANT MORE INFO

daisy112

Asked by daisy112 at 7:21 PM on Jan. 7, 2011 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• I think they train the kids to say what's on the cards but it could work I haven't never seen it done so who knows
    Moms_Angels1960

Answer by Moms_Angels1960 at 7:22 PM on Jan. 7, 2011

• from what my friend said (her sister had it) and you hafta sit the baby in front of the TV for HOURS
    rocker_mommy_08

Answer by rocker_mommy_08 at 7:22 PM on Jan. 7, 2011

• Not at all. They recognise the words, they can't sound them out. As far as I can see anyway.
    leah_rai

Answer by leah_rai at 7:22 PM on Jan. 7, 2011

• MO
    My MIL bought my kids the program and they don't care to watch it.
    mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 7:22 PM on Jan. 7, 2011

• its not really reading they are just memorizing what the word looks like and repeating what the parent/tv said it was. If you really want a program to teach your child to read look up zoo phonics...my sons kindergarten class used it to learn to read and my 2 1/2 year old was sounding out the letters with us each night.
    foxracing43701

Answer by foxracing43701 at 7:24 PM on Jan. 7, 2011

• I agree w/ the others. It seems more like memorization.
    genagina

Answer by genagina at 7:29 PM on Jan. 7, 2011

• My daughter started the program at 5 months. She is 4 and she can read simple sentences. I also brought her hooked on phonics. Once she realized what the words were, she memorized it and retained it. Hooked on phonics also helped her understand how a word is formed. Would I spend $200 on this program again, no. They sell it on craigslist for $30.

emilysmom1966

Answer by emilysmom1966 at 7:41 PM on Jan. 7, 2011

• Yes it works... and it gets their pockets richer... why not teach the same way at your home now, and for next to nothing. Post-it notes, a marker, and the willingness to teach your child is all it takes. Write on the post-its whatever it is that you want your child to learn, if the word relates to an object in your house, then affix it to the object and do just as the video shows... read it, and show your child the object... after a few times, your child will do just the same. It's all in the repetition of it.

Table4Three

Answer by Table4Three at 8:58 PM on Jan. 7, 2011