how would u tell your female friend to wax her VERY noticeable mustache without offending her?

maya123

Asked by maya123 at 7:49 PM on Jan. 7, 2011 in Beauty & Style

• Maybe you say something like, Man I just got my stash waxed, or ask her if she has to Nair or wax,b/c you hate doing it.
    genagina

Answer by genagina at 7:50 PM on Jan. 7, 2011

• I have a friend with this prob and I turned it on myself. She in fact confessed that she wanted to do it too. However she hasnt. lol Luckily its blonde. Def more noticable in the summer when shes tanner
    Steph319

Answer by Steph319 at 7:51 PM on Jan. 7, 2011

• I would assume she knows she has a hairy lip and doesn't care. If it was a really good friend though I would just ask her why she doesn't do it. Telling her to do it is where the offend part comes in I think.
    Charis76

Answer by Charis76 at 7:52 PM on Jan. 7, 2011

• Center the conversation on you, just like gena said. Make it about your problem and what she thinks you should do. Ask her what brand she uses
    beyondhopes

Answer by beyondhopes at 7:52 PM on Jan. 7, 2011

• The thing is, if it is that noticeable then she has to know about it too, right? I mean, the woman has a mirror. So maybe she doesn't want to do anything about it. The only way I can see that you might be able to approach the topic is if you talk about your own hair issue, maybe if you open the door by bringing it up she'll say something on the topic. Complain about having to do your lip/eyebrow/bikini area or whatever and see if she chimes in. Or casually mention a great new product you tried that might help her out. But I wouldn't just come right out with it because I am sure she knows it's there.
    MaryMW

Answer by MaryMW at 7:53 PM on Jan. 7, 2011

• I would ask her if she want to join me at the beauty salon. Or I would offer a girls night in for her with beauty tips:) It always helps if you show that you are doing something and you make an offer she can do it as well:) And probably a professional in the beauty salon would point out what she should do:)
    adriennfaklya

Answer by adriennfaklya at 7:54 PM on Jan. 7, 2011

• I wouldn't say anything. If it's that noticeable then I'm sure she realized she has it. It obviously doesn't bother her so why does it bother you?
    MrsMWF

Answer by MrsMWF at 7:57 PM on Jan. 7, 2011

• um... I'm pretty sure she knows it's there. If she cared she would have already done something about it.
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 8:11 PM on Jan. 7, 2011

• I wouldn't. Why would I care if she has hair on her lip?I do like some of the ideas here about talking about doing it yourself - nnot so you can tell her she has to do it, but so she can easily talk to you about it if she wants to and has been too uncomfortable to bring it up.
    FelipesMom

Answer by FelipesMom at 8:14 PM on Jan. 7, 2011

• I wouldn't. If it didn't bother her, it wouldn't bother me.
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 8:25 PM on Jan. 7, 2011