ahhh......i have dandruff!!!

i have never ever had dandruff before, yet suddenly there is a blizzard going on up on my scalp! does anyone have any suggestions for shampoo? i had to use selsum blue for my daughter when she had cradle cap and it smelled horrible! so please, anything but that lol. i also am black and have pretty frizzy hair from normal shampoo....are there any dandruff shampoos that are also great for your hair and make it more manageable? i thought i would get some opinions before i spent a hour in the shampoo aisle tomorrow comparing bottles and smelling lol

princessbeth79

Asked by princessbeth79 at 7:54 PM on Jan. 7, 2011 in Beauty & Style

• I use Head and Shoulders. That is the only shampoo works for me. Try to find the one works for you. Dandruffs are so annoying. I hope it will go away soon:P
    adriennfaklya

Answer by adriennfaklya at 7:56 PM on Jan. 7, 2011

• head and shoulders, it smells pretty good imo
    maya123

Answer by maya123 at 7:56 PM on Jan. 7, 2011

• Garnier Fructise has a dandruff shampoo now and it smells great...lol I was using head and shoulders didnt smell too bad but it makes my hair kind of dry and blah, so I got the garnier to try something different...it ended up having the same ingredient but smells better. i still have to used conditioner on the ends of my hair but I dont use it near my scalp.
    foxracing43701

Answer by foxracing43701 at 8:08 PM on Jan. 7, 2011

• Aveda Scalp Benefits is a great line when you have dandruff or other scalp irritations.
    misses_nick

Answer by misses_nick at 8:12 PM on Jan. 7, 2011

• are you sure it is dandruff or do you have dry scalp - they may look the same but are very different - forgive me but if your skin gets ashy easily you might just have dry scalp and using medicated shampoo will only aggravate the condition - I would try a hair oil product or if you have evoo I would wash my hair (only wash if you have styling products in your hair) and apply the olive oil to scalp massage into scalp and put on a hair wrap for a day, then wash and style - see if that helps. I have a love-hate relationship with hair products! Best Wishes.

mrsljamieson

Answer by mrsljamieson at 8:37 PM on Jan. 7, 2011

• We moved into a house that has hard water. I have to use Head and Shoulders, but I still have dandruff. :(
    TitusMom7

Answer by TitusMom7 at 3:28 AM on Jan. 8, 2011

• Neutrogena, Head & Shoulders
    sarasmommy777

Answer by sarasmommy777 at 1:28 PM on Jan. 8, 2011

• I think Head & Shoulders has a fresh clean scent.
    melrose79

Answer by melrose79 at 10:57 PM on Jan. 8, 2011