I've never been married and was wondering...

...what is it like? I've been in long term, committed relationships. But I want to know what it's like to be with someone who wants to make a legal commitment to me and share a life and be there with his children as they grow day by day. What is it like?

beshka76

Asked by beshka76 at 8:04 PM on Jan. 7, 2011 in Relationships

• It rocks!! If you have a good husband anyway.
    gulfcoastmom4

Answer by gulfcoastmom4 at 8:05 PM on Jan. 7, 2011

• I have only done it the once and so far it's the best choice I have ever made...I see no reason for that to change either lol
    pregoagain2010

Answer by pregoagain2010 at 8:18 PM on Jan. 7, 2011

• wonderful
    sahlady

Answer by sahlady at 8:23 PM on Jan. 7, 2011

• It's nothing different then being in a long term commited relationship.
    Marriage is nothing more then a legal document. The relationship, the commitment, and all that goes in between is there regardless if you're married or not. Marriage is just making it legal for the government.
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 9:24 PM on Jan. 7, 2011

• I honestly don't notice a difference between being married and when we were just living together. I think its more about the person and the quality of the relationship than the label or kind of relationship (marriage, for example, doesn't always mean a wonderful relationship). But our marriage rocks. He's wonderful, and I'm so thankful he's mine. :)
    bandgeek521

Answer by bandgeek521 at 9:42 PM on Jan. 7, 2011

• well, it can fun having to wake every morning with the man of your life, but at the same time it's not always fun. there are arguments, there are days that you feel like punching him on his face lol. but when the times comes to make it's wonderful, my husband is soo good to me there is not a thing in the world i ask him he doesn't provide i hope you find the one 1 day good luck.
    soraya14

Answer by soraya14 at 11:41 PM on Jan. 7, 2011

• I love being married and I do feel it is different than just living with someone. Marriage to the right person is fabulous.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:04 AM on Jan. 8, 2011

• What I mean is that our relationship didn't change when we got married. It still feels the same. Granted, we've been in love since 6th grade and best friends our whole lives, but marriage didn't change things for us. Sure, there are moments where it awes me to no end that he's my husband, but the relationship itself is no different than it ever really has been. Our relationship has always been one of closeness, of respect and understanding. We've always known that we were meant for each other, that we would end up together, that we wanted to be with each other, so the piece of paper didn't really change anything, since the idea of being together forever is one that has been in our heads for as long as we can remember. We didn't even propose, we just knew and just went out and did it. Sure, I'm not bashing marriage, I love it, I'm just trying to say that a piece of paper doesn't define a relationship....
    bandgeek521

Answer by bandgeek521 at 8:37 AM on Jan. 8, 2011