Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

1 Bump

Need help ..........

My husbands previous boss who happenes to be family screwed us out of 600.00 dollars and with out going into all of the long details is not willing to give us our W2 and I do know he can get into trouble for this but he don't care he is an a$$. Hubby quit beginning of December the company is going down in flames fast found a new and better job but what can I do so I can get our W2.. We could really use the money, I did call the payroll place and they will not talk to us at all they say his boss has to call. FYI he also started paying my husban under the table for several months claiming he was tlking out money for taxes but I know he was pocketing it. I know this is wrong but after what he has done to us I WANT REVENGE!!!

Answer Question

Asked by Anonymous at 8:12 PM on Jan. 7, 2011 in Money & Work

Answers (8)
  • maybe you could call the irs and ask them how to get your w2. i'm sure they would be interested and that sounds like great revenge to me.

    Answer by princessbeth79 at 8:16 PM on Jan. 7, 2011

  • I do believe there is a report a missing W-2 form on the IRS site but you can't file it until after Jan 31 which is when companies legally have to have them sent by.

    Answer by Charis76 at 8:17 PM on Jan. 7, 2011

  • Call the authorities on him if you want revenge.

    Answer by bewitchedmom at 8:18 PM on Jan. 7, 2011

  • Definitely call the IRS. Then call the wage and hour division in your state. Go get him!

    Answer by Noosa at 9:01 PM on Jan. 7, 2011

  • Your spouse can file with the state department of labor for his unpaid wages. W-2s are required to be mail by Jan 31.

    Answer by rkoloms at 9:25 PM on Jan. 7, 2011

  • Yeah I'd be calling the local police and asking them what you need to do.

    Answer by ceemuhreeashbee at 4:17 AM on Jan. 8, 2011

  • Hi Get Excited & Stay Excited! Coming from both a legal & law enforcement educational background as well as experience in human resources/ payroll... I will have to say that like many others have already suggested to (1) Contact the IRS. Companies are supposed to send you your W-2's by the end of Jan. (2) It is illegal to pay under the table & to be paid under the table, if your husband has detailed evidence of this, he will need to report it to the IRS as well. (3) I suggest getting an affordable attorney to help you w/ this. I have used some through a service where they give you free or deeply discounted services. I got free consultations, w/ me having my degree in paralegal studies I drafted my own papers & the lawyer had to review it for free & they submitted it to the places I needed. I think I got that service through If not look in phone book for legal aid. Hope this helps! ~Blessings

    Answer by blessed2behome at 5:23 AM on Jan. 8, 2011

  • He techincally has until January 31 to provide you with the W-2, so there's not much you can do right now. You'll have to wait until after January 31 and then complain. Could he just use his last paycheck stub to get the info? If you need the tax ID number, you might be able to get that off last year's W-2.

    Answer by SherriPie at 11:57 AM on Jan. 8, 2011

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.