I feel really stupid but I am freaking out a little tonight...

With all of the recent animal deaths everywhere my nerves are a tad bit on the edge. :(

I was on my way to go work out tonight and wouldn't have been gone even an hour... but as soon as I heard about the million dead fish in Maryland I got a sick feeling to my gut and had to turn my van around immediately and go home. I didn't feel better until I had my babies in my arms.

I don't know that I feel it's the end of the world, the apocalypse or what not.... but I kind of worry that something major isn't coming and typically my gut feelings are accurate.

That's what scares the hell out of me.

Am I alone? Do I sound stupid?

Memigen

Asked by Memigen at 8:19 PM on Jan. 7, 2011 in Politics & Current Events

• No, you don't sound stupid. What does sound stupid is the way it is being explained off by our media, gov't, etc. it has also been happening in other countries. We are not idiots and I wish they would at least be honest for a change.
    ThankfullyProud

Answer by ThankfullyProud at 3:51 PM on Jan. 12, 2011

• well the fish died because of the cold weather we're having here.....it happened in the 70's too. the same thing with the blackbirds....that also happened in the '70s.
    princessbeth79

Answer by princessbeth79 at 8:28 PM on Jan. 7, 2011

• I don't want to minimize your fear, but this happens all the time. Ecologist say things like this are reported about 137 times per year. I think the fear is more a result of the age we live in than the natural attrition of wildlife. All is well.
    jesse123456

Answer by jesse123456 at 8:49 PM on Jan. 7, 2011

• im sorry you are feeling so upset by all this...maybe this article will help. this stuff is nothing new and scientists aren't even worried about it. im in no way trying to sound like a jerk, but if that feeling doesnt go away in a few days you may want to see a therapist about it. living with that kinda fear cant be easy! hope you feel at ease soon!

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/40961721/ns/us_news-environment/?gt1=43001

okmanders

Answer by okmanders at 9:41 PM on Jan. 7, 2011

• Weird stuff like this doesnt freak me out anymore. I just look at it like if it is the end of the world or there is some impending doom well there isnt anything I can do about it anyway. I just try and enjoy every day I have with my family and friends and thank God for that time.

Answer by gemgem at 8:56 PM on Jan. 7, 2011

this^
    tnmomofive

Answer by tnmomofive at 9:00 PM on Jan. 7, 2011

• No not stupid but uninformed. Do some research and you will find this type of thing with the birds and the fish has happened many times before. The world is not ending
    itsmesteph11

Answer by itsmesteph11 at 5:29 AM on Jan. 8, 2011

• You can't live in fear for the rest of your life. You can't not go to work for fear that the end of the world is near. Since we don't know what the end,if it could be happening,will consist of,you need to live your life as you normally would.

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 8:39 PM on Jan. 7, 2011

• I'm sorry you are upset! You most certainly do not sound stupid, I am sure many of us are wondering about this activity, there seems to be tons of logical explanations being thrown out there from all sorts of sources, I suppose to make us feel safe but that isn't really answering the question. While I am sure this sort of thing has happened before, has it happened in so many places at the same time? I haven't heard anyone say.

But as others said, we can't panic, what good will that do and for the moment people seem to be fine, so I am just praying that everything is fine. God will always take care of HIS children, God bless you and yours, I hope you are feeling better.
    agentwanda

Answer by agentwanda at 11:45 PM on Jan. 7, 2011

• You don't sound stupid. All these animals dying and natural disasters are kind of freaking me out too. I kind of wish I hadn't read your question through. My DS is at a bday party with his grandparents and now I'm wishing he was right here with me!
    myree85

Answer by myree85 at 8:28 PM on Jan. 7, 2011