Is he ready for a toddler bed?

How did you know your baby was ready for a toddler bed?
My daughter went in one at 18 months. My son is now 18 months but I dont know if he's ready or I'm just treating him like a mama's boy.

mommy_of_two388

Asked by mommy_of_two388 at 8:33 PM on Jan. 7, 2011 in Toddlers (1-2)

• My DD is 21 months here in a week and still sleeps in a crib.I think if he's not climbing out then there is really no prob! Everyone is different! We plan on giving our DD a toddler bed when she is 2 :).

jdbrown21

Answer by jdbrown21 at 10:42 PM on Jan. 7, 2011

• I would keep him in a crib as long as he isn't climbing out. Once in a toddler bed, he is not going to stay in it. Look at the question under yours.
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 8:34 PM on Jan. 7, 2011

• I moved my son into a toddler bed at 13 months, but I kept his mobile attached to the railings on the bed. Every child is different, but I think that the longer you wait, the more difficult it will be to get him to stay in the bed through the night.
    Mom2Coop

Answer by Mom2Coop at 8:46 PM on Jan. 7, 2011

• yea my daughter was in a toddler bed at 1yr because her crib broke.. brand new crib and we took it down when we moved and it snaped the plastic on it.. she did fine know she has a twin bed at 3
    kyiahsmommy

Answer by kyiahsmommy at 9:37 PM on Jan. 7, 2011