what should i do for my dd?

my 11 month old will not drink her formula, she is on table foods and some baby food. i did start her on milk on monday and i thought maybe that was the reason she wasnt drinking it so i stopped and she still wouldnt drink it. She just spits it out or pushes her cup away. She is not allergic to the milk, and i let her try a little as is.she is not on her bottles any more either, she is just using her straw sippy.what should i do? any advice is welcome

mommy2be77

Asked by mommy2be77 at 8:36 PM on Jan. 7, 2011 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I think you should just let her take the milk. She is getting the nourishment she needs from table food and milk.
    misses_nick

Answer by misses_nick at 8:40 PM on Jan. 7, 2011

• she is just showing you that she is ready to 'wean' and stop drinking bottles. if she is eating regular food and will drink something (water, juice, milk, etc.) then she will be fine.
    princessbeth79

Answer by princessbeth79 at 8:41 PM on Jan. 7, 2011

• how much should she have daily?of the regular milk
    mommy2be77

Comment by mommy2be77 (original poster) at 8:42 PM on Jan. 7, 2011

• Perhaps after tasting real, fresh food she's displaying uncommonly good taste when it comes to foul-tasting over-processed 'food.' Have you ever tasted it? It's unbelievable.

She doesn't need to drink milk --after weaning from human milk (or a substitute) humans have no need of any other mammals' milk, although it may be a part of a healthy diet. I don't know who managed to talk all those dieticians into the idea, but cow's milk is no more necessary for human survival than blueberries or catfish is.
    LindaClement

Answer by LindaClement at 8:47 PM on Jan. 7, 2011

• You could just switch to whole milk. You are supposed to wait until 1 year, but a few weeks won't hurt.
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 9:02 PM on Jan. 7, 2011

• I agree. Just go ahead and switch her to the whole milk. She clearly prefers that over formula and with the food that she is eating she is getting the nutrients that she needs.
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 9:07 PM on Jan. 7, 2011

• yea i agree if she likes milk just give her that instead my daughter had whole milk at 10months and was perfectlly fine..
    kyiahsmommy

Answer by kyiahsmommy at 9:33 PM on Jan. 7, 2011

• linda is right.....they don't need to drink milk at all. my kids don't like milk. they like yogurt and cheese and there are some vegetables that provide calcium too.
    princessbeth79

Answer by princessbeth79 at 10:37 PM on Jan. 7, 2011

• I would just switch her. She is close enough to 12months when its common to switch over anyway.
    Stacie03

Answer by Stacie03 at 11:46 PM on Jan. 7, 2011

• I agree with Linda!
    Formula tastes NASTY! I would spit it out too.
    Roadfamily6now

Answer by Roadfamily6now at 2:09 AM on Jan. 8, 2011