"Its the end of the world as we know it, and I feel fine.."

Do you think the end is near? What are your thoughts on the subject? Please no bashing/judging.

--

And the kings of the earth, and the great men, and the rich men, and the chief captains, and the mighty men, and every bondman, and every free man, hid themselves in the dens and in the rocks of the mountains; And said to the mountains and rocks, Fall on us, and hide us from the face of him that sitteth on the throne, and from the wrath of the Lamb: For the great day of his wrath is come; and who shall be able to stand?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:50 PM on Jan. 7, 2011 in Religion & Beliefs

• Only God knows if it is the end. I am definitely not qualified to know for sure, and dont believe anyone on earth is. I do feel fine because I know whatever happens, happens. It isnt within my control. I can only be thankful for the time I am given with the people I love and leave the rest to God.

Answer by gemgem at 8:58 PM on Jan. 7, 2011

• Do you think the end is near?

If by "near" you mean 4.5 billion years when the sun becomes a gas giant and engulfs the planets closest to it (including us)
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 9:00 PM on Jan. 7, 2011

• well..if it is the end of the world, then yes, i do feel fine.
    dullscissors

Answer by dullscissors at 8:50 PM on Jan. 7, 2011

• no. unless we kill off all life in a nuclear war or the sun implodes,I think we're fine

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 9:01 PM on Jan. 7, 2011

• Please refer to here (http://www.cafemom.com/answers/693814/Ive_seen_the_END_of_the_WORLD) for my vision of how the word ends ... 

Thanks!

SpiritedWitch

Answer by SpiritedWitch at 9:30 PM on Jan. 7, 2011

• I do not think it is near. I think all through out human existance we have been planning for the end and it won't happen unless we end our own existance.
    idaspida

Answer by idaspida at 8:51 PM on Jan. 7, 2011

• No, I don't believe in any of the "end of world" theories, the idea of the second coming or rapture or any of that. I do believe that the world will end one day, due to natural causes (or as natural as can be, considering that pollution, war, etc are also options), but not that it will be any time soon.
    bandgeek521

Answer by bandgeek521 at 9:14 PM on Jan. 7, 2011

• Do you think the end is near?  No.  The "end" has been near for the past 2,000 years and still hasn't come.  You can only cry "wolf" so many times before people stop believing.  

What are your thoughts on the subject?   This is a terrible hoax as it causes believers to sit on their butts waiting in fear for the apocalypse to happen, instead of living their lives and accomplishing something.  If you're a believer, why be afraid?  It is because you might not be chosen??  You might not be perfect enough?  Well, you aren't perfect enough and you can't do anything about it if the end IS coming, so you might as well keep busy.  Get up and bake some cookies!!

witchqueen

Answer by witchqueen at 9:33 PM on Jan. 7, 2011

• Do I think the end is near? I believe its closer then yesterday :-)
    What do I think of the topic? I am not afraid for the end of the age! I am excited for the day to come, I will have a new body and I will be alive forever and ever. I will live in a perfected world for the old will pass and become new! I will live a pain free sin free life filled with Joy, laughter and fun times while learning more deeper truths of my Lord and Savior.
    I will be sadden for those that chose to reject Jesus not to be able to enjoy this with me.
    Shaneagle777

Answer by Shaneagle777 at 10:08 PM on Jan. 7, 2011

• I dont wanna know when the end is near
    TamlynM2B

Answer by TamlynM2B at 8:52 PM on Jan. 7, 2011