K

DH and I just decided that we are trying to get pregnent now. I am very excited to start, we have one concern we arent sure if we should tell his son, he is 16 and I am not sure if my stepson would be excited by thenews or not? Let me know what you guys think should we inform him of our decision?

kalani5o

Asked by kalani5o at 8:55 PM on Jan. 7, 2011 in Trying to Conceive

• I would wait until you are 3 months along. That is too much information to share with a teenager.
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 8:56 PM on Jan. 7, 2011

• I agree. He might think you are asking for his permission or advice. You don't need his permission or advice.
    Kimimale

Answer by Kimimale at 9:01 PM on Jan. 7, 2011

• Whether ur stepson likes the news or not, he should be privy ur agreement seeing as he will legally be you and ur husbands responsibility for the next 2 years, and that could and will be life altering information for him... look on the bright side, he may take it quite swimmingly seeing his age and the acceptance of it all.

Table4Three

Answer by Table4Three at 9:03 PM on Jan. 7, 2011

• I will just go ahead and tell him after the first trimester.
    Prayforblessing

Answer by Prayforblessing at 1:21 PM on Jan. 13, 2011

• i think you should maybe he would be happy just don't show him any different then the baby... so he knows he's not being put to the side
    Lynnsae

Answer by Lynnsae at 4:48 PM on Jan. 13, 2011

• I agree with everyone. Wait until after 3 months. He might be really excited
    tracimed

Answer by tracimed at 4:48 PM on Jan. 13, 2011