have you had a preterm labour

hey,ladies. i have a question: have you had a preterm labour between 32-36 weeks? did you have to go to the hospital to stop your contractions?
i need to know,what the process is? i am almost 33 weeks and having real contractions and already dilated to 1,2 cm.it's progressing,that's why i am worried a lot.
my doctor ordered the monitor for my belly,so i have to hook it up to my belly twice a day and they will be getting the results. she said that if i go into labour before 35,36 weeks,she'll stop it. i have a 2.5 year old at home,and i need to know if they have to stop your labour,how long does it take?? do you actually go to the hospital? do you have to stay overnight,or she can do it at her office,no hospital.

please let me know,if you had to go through. how was? and when did you have your baby?

thank you

crouse3

Asked by crouse3 at 8:55 PM on Jan. 7, 2011 in Pregnancy

• Yes I did go into preterm labor but I was 28 weeks. I was in pain but I wasn't dilating so they gave me a speical shot to stop the contractions. Was on bed rest after that. I didnt have my daughter till 38 weeks. I went to the hospital but only stayed a few hours to make sure the shot worked
    mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 9:04 PM on Jan. 7, 2011

• I went into preterm labor with my first. I went into the hospital and ended up having to spend the night. I was a little dehydrated so they gave me an IV and a shot to stop the contractions as well as some fenegrin because they said the shot would make me nautious...It knocked me out. I was released early the next morning but wasnt put on bedrest. I was dialated 4 for over a month before I delivered..
    foxracing43701

Answer by foxracing43701 at 9:33 PM on Jan. 7, 2011

• Repeatedly. I was put on Terbutaline after having gone to the hospital. How long you are there depends on if they can stop them or if they have to deliver. I was never there overnight, but did spend anywhere from a couple of hours to most of the day there (17 hours). There are various methods to try, but if the Magnesium Sulfate? ( magnesium something i don't remember exactly) doesn't work you will probably end up delivering. I was told that was the last ditch effort. My first was three days late, my second two days late, third a week early, and my last was ten days early. I preterm labored with all of them at least once. At 36 weeks, where I live, it is considered term and they allow you to deliver if you go into labor.
    2autisticsmom

Answer by 2autisticsmom at 4:25 PM on Jan. 8, 2011