have you ever been ashamed of your home and put off bringing someone over?

slapping foreheadyears ago i had a really crappy apartment and i was dating this hot guy who was older than me and well established financially. we had been dating for 3 months and i would always go to his house but never invited him over to mine. he always asked to come over but i would give him some lame excuses. he went out of town for a few weeks, so he called and asked for my address so he could mail me a b-day present........little did i know he was already back in town, i gave him my address,he punched it into his gps. i heard a knock at my door half an hour later and he was standing right there when i opened the door. ouch !!

maya123

Asked by maya123 at 9:17 PM on Jan. 7, 2011 in Relationships

• No
    khf22

Answer by khf22 at 9:17 PM on Jan. 7, 2011

• Sometimes when I do let it get a bit messy
    mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 9:19 PM on Jan. 7, 2011

• If the house is a mess with toys or whatever then I tell people straight up my house is a mess I dont want company until I can put stuff away.

Answer by gemgem at 9:20 PM on Jan. 7, 2011

• sooo...what happened?? did he come in? did u continue seeing each other??
    proudestmomma02

Answer by proudestmomma02 at 9:20 PM on Jan. 7, 2011

• yes he came in. we were together for 2 years after that, he did not care. a month or so later i moved into a house.
    maya123

Comment by maya123 (original poster) at 9:25 PM on Jan. 7, 2011

• LOL at proudestmomma!! I'm curious too!

The house that we are renting now needs some major t.l.c. It was the end of the summer when we moved in but nobody had lived here for quite a while so the grass and flowerbeds are horrid...it just makes the whole front of the house look crappy...cant wait til winter is over so we can get busy on the yard...other than that if the inside of my house is messy I usually just tell people..hey I have 2 kids, a husband, and a cat they make messes and my house isnt spotless..lol
    foxracing43701

Answer by foxracing43701 at 9:25 PM on Jan. 7, 2011

• I cluttered on purpose (subconsciously) so that I wouldn't have to invite anyone over. I was rebelling against myself for some odd reason. I finally got tired of making excuses and cleaned up. Even if the apt is "crappy", you can do little things to liven it up, add personal touches, open windows to make it less drab, etc.
    Kimimale

Answer by Kimimale at 9:26 PM on Jan. 7, 2011

• Yeah, my apartment is really old. lol, so old that I have these yellow counter tops. They just look so tacky. I have cement steps going upstairs. I dont want to put a lot into the place since Im just renting but I know what you mean. Even if this place is super clean its still an eye soar
    beyondhopes

Answer by beyondhopes at 9:27 PM on Jan. 7, 2011

• When I was in high school I did because we lived in a trailer! I was always afraid people would make fun of me as a teen but nwo that I look back I don't even think anyone ever did
    CayShek

Answer by CayShek at 9:27 PM on Jan. 7, 2011

• well sort of i guess. i don't mind people coming over if i know they're coming. that way i can just straighten up the counters, etc. but usually company drops in at bad times like just after we finished eating and the kitchen table looks like some sort of explosion and there are dirty pans, dishes, etc. still around because we literally just got done eating. i mean it only takes like 10 min. to clean upa nd put in the dishwasher, etc. but it looks a mess in the meantime and i don't like people getting that as their first impression lol
    princessbeth79

Answer by princessbeth79 at 9:28 PM on Jan. 7, 2011