Tarantulas

What kind of pet does a tarantula make? Have you ever had this "pet"?

spottedpony

Asked by spottedpony at 9:27 PM on Jan. 7, 2011 in Pets

• I had 2 different rose hair tarantula's (pre-parenthood) and I loved them! Probably going to give icky vibes to some people but my female one used to chill out between my boobies haha! Never was bit, owned them 5 years before I had to give them up due to moving. Easy to maintain pets, not requiring a lot. Not sure if you wanted any specific info on them but you could always message me if you had a question. I did a ton of research on them before owning one.
    Nanixh

Answer by Nanixh at 9:32 PM on Jan. 7, 2011

• Yeah, we ended up with one when a friend went to boot camp. For the most part it wasn't bad, it was pretty neat when it shed it's skin. The bad part was one time I got crickets that were large enough that when the spider wrapped them in it's web and started eating them they would 'scream'. It was very disturbing.

LadybugTash

Answer by LadybugTash at 12:10 PM on Jan. 9, 2011

• Screaming crickets - ack! I don't mind the furry things but I couldn't have one as a pet.
    tasches

Answer by tasches at 7:21 PM on Jan. 10, 2011