Have you ever been to Milan?

So... My in-laws decided to give DH and I a great present! They are going to stay at our home with our kids for 8 days so we can go on a second haneymoon after 23 years!!!
We are going to Milan!!
If have ever been there, what are some must-see places?

Thank you!

mysevenkids

Asked by mysevenkids at 9:32 PM on Jan. 7, 2011 in Travel

• I would google their travel sight and check out some books at the library. I have been close a few times but never there. If you can get to any of the Lakes in Northen Italy- go for it!! We stayed with a family in the hamlet of Biela near Milan.
    chefjen

Answer by chefjen at 10:12 PM on Jan. 8, 2011

• I'd go with Google on this one.
    _Tam_

Answer by _Tam_ at 2:52 AM on Jan. 9, 2011

• The cathedrals are spectacular and the city itself is great for shopping. If I were you, I wouldn't just do Milan, I'd bounce around to at least one other place. It's been years so I'll point you to www.fodors.com or www.tripadvisor.com or www.frommers.com where you can post questions and people that have been can help. I love fodors and tripadvisor. I book all my vacations using the expertise from other travelers. How wonderful for you so have a great time!
    jeanclaudia

Answer by jeanclaudia at 11:00 PM on Jan. 9, 2011