What can I do for my birthday?

I havent done anything special for my birthday in a long time, and I want to do something with some friends. I do not have a lot of friends. Most of the friends are from my workplace. It is kind of tricky because some of my friends at work do not get along with each other. Should I have a little dinner somewhere and invite only certain friends that get along? Im also afraid to plan anything because I dont think anyone will show up.

Kim370

Asked by Kim370 at 9:34 PM on Jan. 7, 2011 in Just for Fun

• This is going to sound childish, but my friend just had a birthday and she invited everyone to go ice skating. It was SOOOO fun. I felt like a 12 year old girl again. I would say that you should do something like that. If they don't all get along, do something that doesn't require them all having to sit down in a quiet setting and make conversation. That way, it won't matter if they don't really interact.
    TitusMom7

Answer by TitusMom7 at 2:04 AM on Jan. 8, 2011

• They can all put their differences aside for one night. How would they feel if only selected ones got invited.
    Misteh

Answer by Misteh at 9:38 PM on Jan. 7, 2011

• Invite everybody and play games.
    sexyfancyface

Answer by sexyfancyface at 9:35 PM on Jan. 7, 2011

• throw the offer out there "hey anyone want to go out for a drink after work?" I'm sure someone will come, if not your SO can always meet you and you can have some adult time and then go home to a family dinner,
    luvschocolate

Answer by luvschocolate at 9:40 PM on Jan. 7, 2011

• Go out for dinner with everyone and then out to a club or something. That way If people don't want to hang out with each, they can spread out a little more.
    myree85

Answer by myree85 at 9:59 PM on Jan. 7, 2011

• invite everyone! if they really reallllly don't get along for whatever reason,they can decide amongst themselves who sits where or who doesn't come even. since you work,i assume they are adults and come up with a reasonable decision for the best night with you
    CaitWillowNBaby

Answer by CaitWillowNBaby at 11:13 PM on Jan. 7, 2011