Pagans/Heathens/Witches, etc., deities and pantheons questions

Do you stick to one particular pantheon all the time, or do the deities you honor and/or work with typically come from different pantheons?
Are they from different pantheons ALL the time (for example, a Greek Goddess and a Celtic God, or an Egyptian God and an Italian Goddess, etc.), or is it only sometimes?
If you have a Matron and Patron deity, are they from the same pantheon? Do you feel that they HAVE to be?

I generally only work with deities from the same pantheon, but I think that's mostly coincidence. I don't think that it matters if your Goddess is Celtic and your God is Egyptian or anything like that. I think that compatibility (at least with spells and rituals) has more to do with it, like finding two deities that are associated with similar things (like music, love, health, etc.).

Mrs.BAT

Asked by Mrs.BAT at 9:34 PM on Jan. 7, 2011 in Religion & Beliefs

• All one pantheon, but I don't fit the criteria for reconstructionist, so I am technically eclectic.
    Groovyflor1

Answer by Groovyflor1 at 11:32 PM on Jan. 7, 2011

• One only, but then, that's why I'm Reconstructionist instead of Neo/Eclectic. I don't single out a Matron or Patron, the AEsir are the AEsir
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 10:18 PM on Jan. 7, 2011

• Ive only worked with one diety and she is my matroness. My patron is her consort so they are from the same pantheon.

If I needed something specific that my matroness didnt represent then Id use another from a different pantheon. I dont see a problem using different dieties from different pantheons if that is who you feel drawn to. Or who you feel will help you in your needs.

*I note that even tho I have a matroness and patron diety I feel they all "boil" down to one male and one female but we all percieve their attributes or whatnot to our innermost needs or desires,etc*
    Amaranth361

Answer by Amaranth361 at 9:45 PM on Jan. 7, 2011

• Since I am eclectic, I guess I do pull from different ones. It really depends on what I am trying to accomplish. However, please keep in mind that I believe that all Gods/Goddesses are just a small part of the one God who goes by many names.

I rambled didn't I? My sinus meds are kicking in ... I am going to bed!
    SpiritedWitch

Answer by SpiritedWitch at 10:31 PM on Jan. 7, 2011

• I mix and match.

My Matron and Patron are Pele (Hawai'ian) and Herne (Celtic).
    MamaK88

Answer by MamaK88 at 1:02 PM on Jan. 8, 2011

• I'm eclectic with my beliefs, so I don't stick with just one pantheon. Depending on what I'm doing, determines the deity. If I'm doing work for prosperity, fortune, or luck, I'll "bring in" Lakshmi (Hindu Goddess of fortune). My Matron and Patron deities have Mother Earth and Father Sky qualities. I guess I have three Matrons though because I also have Luna, Selene, the Moon and Triple Goddess (all names for One); the third, but certainly not least, is Isis from the Egyptian pantheon. With these three, I've felt something.
    _Tam_

Answer by _Tam_ at 3:40 PM on Jan. 8, 2011

• I never use any in particular.. I always say "Lord and Lady" and I use a home made goddess figure and a set of antlers on my altar for representations.
    MamaJasmine

Answer by MamaJasmine at 11:56 AM on Jan. 8, 2011