What are your biggest fears about labor?

For some of the first time moms?

Alma_C

Asked by Alma_C at 10:55 PM on Nov. 11, 2008 in Pregnancy

• Pooping upon delivery
    Anonymous

• lol. i pooped. my fear was the pain... and with my second pregnancy, i still fear the pain. =P
    kiliki_malie

Answer by kiliki_malie at 11:10 PM on Nov. 11, 2008

• Nothing as far as my own ability, body, and mind is concerned. I am planning a completely natural, intervention free birth, and the pain doesn't worry me either, seeing as I've read of many women who actually have pleasurable, or painless births. However I am worried about the hospital fucking up my natural birth with interventions that will only hinder my labor. Thank god I have a good midwife, so that fear is minimal.
    lillys_mommy09

Answer by lillys_mommy09 at 11:11 PM on Nov. 11, 2008

• I'm terrified I'll have to have an unnecessary c-section. I'm also scared that the epidural won't work, or that I'll be cursed with a horrible migraine because of it. I'm also scared that something will be wrong with my baby that came up since my last u/s (20 weeks) gahhh.
    caitxrawks

Answer by caitxrawks at 11:20 PM on Nov. 11, 2008

• I'm not a first time mom, but with my first I was terrified of tearing, it just sounded so awful. I think I was given an episiotomy (nice of her to tell me, it was another doctor who told me my scar looked like an episotomy scar) When the moment came I was completely unaware of it though.
    JenEliBella

Answer by JenEliBella at 11:56 PM on Nov. 11, 2008

• my biggest fear was that i was going to have to have a c section. it ended up coming true, i was induced and after i'd started dialating during the check right after my epidural the nurse could feel her toes. somehow her foot had got into the canal with her head.
    Tarable525

Answer by Tarable525 at 12:08 AM on Nov. 12, 2008

• Good for you Lilysmom. Wish we had more educated moms about the birth process, like yourself.
    I had a natural birth with my last one, intervention free ( almost) They didn't have enough time to intervene. I had my DD within 45 min of arriving. Great feeling of after birth baby High.
    Alma_C

Answer by Alma_C at 12:15 AM on Nov. 12, 2008

• I fear having to have a c-section, or that my body doesn't do what it's supposed to and it puts my baby in danger.
    ours

Answer by ours at 12:49 AM on Nov. 12, 2008

• Biggest fear? not the pain...more like not being able to push long enough to get her out vaginally resulting in a ransom unplanned c-section...thats my biggest fear.
    MamaAnnie87

Answer by MamaAnnie87 at 1:32 AM on Nov. 12, 2008

• pooping,contraction,back pain,scream, and pushing it out. my first baby i had i pushed for 1 hour and half minutes.
    __baovang

Answer by __baovang at 1:12 PM on Nov. 12, 2008