Do you hear voices?

I'm just curious about something ... I have always been able to see spirits/ghosts and I've always heard voices. Anyone else have this "gift"? 

Let me explain the voices. Sometimes they sound happy and upbeat. Other times there is definite crying. No matter if they sound happy or sad, it is always so many voices that I can't distinguish what they are saying. 

Sometimes I will hear just one voice. I am pretty sure this is one of the spirits that hang around. *shrug* 

The mesh of voices tends to give me a headache so I'm really glad they aren't loud all the time. 

Suggestions?Thoughts? Ideas? 

Should add: I have no metal fillings ...  never had them. I never had braces. 

SpiritedWitch

Asked by SpiritedWitch at 9:38 PM on Jan. 7, 2011 in Religion & Beliefs

• I heard them audibly when I was a kid, and in a very haunted house that we lived in before this one. I couldn't usually make out what they were saying. Now I "hear" them telepathically and in images. It's hard to explain.
    witchqueen

Answer by witchqueen at 9:43 PM on Jan. 7, 2011

• I don't hear them, but I can feel them. Anyone who opens themselves up to it, can feel them. You know you've felt a presence when your skin gets goosebumps for no apparent reason; it's just how your body reacts to them.

An exercise I would try is this: In an area where you hear the voices the most, have a seat with a pad of paper and a pen or pencil. Make sure the pen has plenty of ink in it. Keep the pen/pencil close to the page and allow your mind to wander and embrace the voices you're hearing. If any of them want to come through, they may do a "partial" possession and write something in their handwriting with your hand. If you want, you can write out a sentence or two to show your own handwriting as a base. Then, talk to the spirits and let them know what you're doing. Let them know that if anyone has anything to say or share, that they can use your hands to write what they want to share/say.

I hope you post it.
    _Tam_

Answer by _Tam_ at 3:31 PM on Jan. 8, 2011

• I also wanted to say that I used to see things. I worked at a small, locally owned video store when I was around 20 years old. In one week, I saw the figure of an tall, worn, thin man. His jeans were dirty, had a red, flannel shirt, dark brown work boots. His hair was dark brown with streaks of grey, cut short, but there was some wave to the longer bits on top. His face looked very scruffy, like he hadn't shaved in a few days. I would see him in the mystery/suspense section of the store as well as the adult videos. I don't think he hung out in those areas because of the subject matter, but more so to get my attention. From my normal spot up front, the mystery/suspense was in my direct line of sight and we had a working camera in the adult section.

To this day, I still have no idea who he was or what he wanted. I never saw him again after that week.
    _Tam_

Answer by _Tam_ at 3:35 PM on Jan. 8, 2011

• Only when I'm off my meds.

No, just kidding.
    I haven't heard voices, but once heard a woman's laughter. This has only happened since I moved into this house with my husband.
    SpaceToast

Answer by SpaceToast at 9:39 PM on Jan. 7, 2011

• I might also add that many strange things have happened around here, including last year where a couple of weeks I was always frightened when alone at night. Then, my husband worked 3rd shift. I can't explain it other than it just seemed like there was a dark, perhaps even menacing presence in the house.
    SpaceToast

Answer by SpaceToast at 9:41 PM on Jan. 7, 2011

• To me, it sounds like several radios on at the same time, tuned to different stations at really low volumes. They are all meshed together where I can't pick out what they are saying. My friendly neighborhood ghost(s) chat every once in a while. I can tell the difference. I can understand the "regular" ghost chatter.

Witchqueen ... I understand. I don't have the images ... not exactly. When I hear the mismash of voices I immediately picture the scene in Yellow Submarine right before the Blue Meanies show up. Where everyone is all happy and filled with love. In other words, a field full of people all talking at once. *smile*

SpiritedWitch

Comment by SpiritedWitch (original poster) at 9:52 PM on Jan. 7, 2011

• I have this area in front of my bathroom that's about 4 ft square where I can hear a conversation going on. If I move even an inch in any direction,it fades out. Its pretty weird!

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 9:55 PM on Jan. 7, 2011

• I wonder if these voices ... yea! I'm not alone!! ... that we hear are because of rifts in the demisional (sp) veils.

Shane ... haven't heard them singing or screaming, but I have seen them both. I don't think I have ever seen anything so bright or so dark. If you have seen, not just heard, then you know what I am talking about. Oh and ALL angels aren't bright with wings and halos. Some look just like you and me.
    SpiritedWitch

Comment by SpiritedWitch (original poster) at 10:28 PM on Jan. 7, 2011

• I always kind of wonder if it isn't a weak spot in whatever separates us between other worlds. I can't find the words right now to explain my thoughts any better than that, though I wish I could.
    SpaceToast

Answer by SpaceToast at 10:46 PM on Jan. 7, 2011

• I only hear them telepathically and if I want to hear them. When I was younger I heard them whether I wanted to or not and it was always passed off as my "imagination" from every adult I told. Now please excuse this bit of random singing because the song just popped in my head...." I hear voices in my head they council me, they understand, they talk to me. You got your rules and your religion all designed to keep you safe, but when rules start getting broken you start questioning your faith." UGH I will not get this song out of my head now. LOL
    2autisticsmom

Answer by 2autisticsmom at 3:00 PM on Jan. 8, 2011