Can you get a apartment without a job?

My parents are moving and I cant live with them. I need to find a place to live but can you lease an apartment without a job? I have student loan money that I have been living on that can help me.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:45 PM on Jan. 7, 2011 in Home & Garden

• Not unless you find one that goes by your income.
    Misteh

Answer by Misteh at 9:46 PM on Jan. 7, 2011

• yes, some places will let you sign without proof of income, but you will need to show that you have their minimum income requirement in your bank account. it differs from place to place but around here it is $26,000 that you need to have in your bank account at the time of application.
    princessbeth79

Answer by princessbeth79 at 9:46 PM on Jan. 7, 2011

• No, they have to see some place that the incoming is coming from so they know they will get the rent they are owed for the length of the lease. I had thousands of dollars saved and tried to get a apartment but they declined me since I didnt have a job.
    mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 9:47 PM on Jan. 7, 2011

• Have you called hud yet?
    sexyfancyface

Answer by sexyfancyface at 9:47 PM on Jan. 7, 2011

• ive never heard of a place that will let you live in an apt and have no income.. unless someone co signs?? see if your parents can co sign for u
    MomNbabyGirl009

Answer by MomNbabyGirl009 at 9:48 PM on Jan. 7, 2011

• yes if your yearly income, including your student loan, meets the apartment requirements. I just talked to a Property Manager about this, I'm paying half rent with money from a job, half with a loan, and as long as the combined amount is 3x's the yearly rent I am approved.
    DomoniqueWS

Answer by DomoniqueWS at 9:57 PM on Jan. 7, 2011