Birthday party options

My son is turning two. I was planning on a simple ice cream and cake with just my husband and I in attendance. Now I've got grandparents and other people who are willing to drive 4 hours to come. I feel like if they are driving so far that we should do something more. I want it to be something my son will enjoy but is mostly geared for the adults who will remember it. Any ideas?

mrs.coop

Asked by mrs.coop at 9:48 PM on Jan. 7, 2011 in Holidays

• Buy some decorations with his favorite characters on it. Make sure he's the center of attention. Make his favorite food, he's 2 so he won't be as demanding a preschooler. Most 2 year olds are pretty easy to make happy.
    myree85

Answer by myree85 at 9:52 PM on Jan. 7, 2011

• I would still just have a small birthday party at your house, unless there are going to be other children coming.
    genagina

Answer by genagina at 9:50 PM on Jan. 7, 2011

• my dd is turning 2 next month and we both have huge families... and its prob gunna be about 60 ppl. JUST IMMEDIATE family, and a couple cousins with their youngsters...anyway, we have cake and ice cream, food (were doing carne asada again cause its so good and delish!) and we do pinata.... thats all!

besides opening gifts....

i only want it to last for about 3 hours... the kids are little anyway and will get tired if its really long. we did this last year, and everyone had a great time!! and we all mingled and talked and caught up with one another, it was nice and not stressful
    MomNbabyGirl009

Answer by MomNbabyGirl009 at 9:51 PM on Jan. 7, 2011

• I was actually just thinking about his favorite food. He will order it himself when we go out to eat. He says hello to the waitress until she pays attention to him then he says "fries, chicken, chickenfries!". Now I need to find a good place to order it from in the Columbus Ohio area.
    mrs.coop

Comment by mrs.coop (original poster) at 9:57 PM on Jan. 7, 2011